First Home Glucose Curve Today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lomo, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lomo

Lomo New Member

First off, I hope I uploaded the SS in my signature correctly. If not, please let me know. Basically, my kitty Lomo was diagnosed on 10/25/19 and we've been working on her dose with her vet. She started at 1 unit of Prozinc 2x daily and after a glucose curve done at the vet on 11/12, she has eventually been raised to 2.5.

Been getting familiar with the Alphatrak2 and dealing with a kitty who doesn't even like to be pet, much less getting her glucose tested every 2 hours! It has been challenging. :arghh:

We tried to ease her into her first home curve test day today. I've sent these numbers onto her vet (they're pm her SS below). Would love any advice, as it seems her dose still isn't high enough (we've been slowly increasing it per discussions with the vet).

She's lost a ton of weight but FINALLY seems to be reversing that trend. We got a home scale as well, and she seems to have gained about 1/4 of a pound. She was down to 8.59 lbs on 11/12 at the vet. She had lost approx. 4 lbs this year.

Also posted this in the Prozinc section of the forums as well, but figured I might get more input here.

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Just by looking at your spreadsheet so far it's obvious your vet is increasing the dose when they should be decreasing. Usually when you see blood sugar go UP after insulin it indicates they're receiving too high a dose. Lomo did better on 1 unit from the small amount of data we have. I'm really not sure if 1 unit is too much either but increasing the dose right now is making it worse.

I'll ping @MrWorfMen's Mom to see what she thinks Lomos dose should be, but we may need more data. Getting tests in before every shot and a couple times during the day will really help us see what's going on with Lomo.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

4. Lomo

Lomo New Member

Thank you both for your input and expertise as I am very new to this. Our vet had wanted us to do another curve at home as soon as possible which is why we were focused on that. Now I'm wondering if I should go back down to 2 units in the AM and see how she reacts. It couldn't hurt to do that for one day, could it? Just to see?

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I'll respond on your post in the ProZinc forum. We don't need two different threads going.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COMMENT, PLEASE DO SO HERE INSTEAD: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/first-home-glucose-curve-today.222172/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.