First Vet Visit Went Well!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenna and Widget, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna and Widget

Jenna and Widget New Member

I took Widget to the vet today to practice giving injections (with a saline solution) and to check her blood. After 2 practice shots, I got the hang of it and Widge didn't even notice. Her levels before her strict diet started were 483. Today they were 342. She has been eating high protein wet food for about 2 weeks, so we are headed in the right direction!
    Thank you for the words of encouragement, it truly helped.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear this. How did the testing go? It does take practice but it also does get easier. Giving the insulin and testing just go hand in hand to keep our kitties safe. Is the high protein wet food also low carb food? It would be helpful for you to create a signature so members know pertinent information about Widget, for example: age, weight, diagnosis date, type and dosage amount of insulin, type of home test meter used, type of food etc. I am giving you a link to information on the signature so you can see what it's all about. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/editing-your-signature-profile-and-preferences.130340/
    Extra hugs to Widget for going to the vet and being so good.

3. Jenna and Widget

Jenna and Widget New Member

I was going to figure out a signature as soon as things calmed down in my house a bit. lol Thank you for the link, Lou!
    The testing was a bit nerve-wracking, but it went ok. In time, I'm sure it will become less stressful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.