Flea Control for Diabetic Kitties

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hmclaughlin1973, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmclaughlin1973

hmclaughlin1973 Member

Is it ok to use topical flea control (ie - Advantage II) for diabetic kitties? I know it's never ideal to use these types of products in the first place and I struggled with it a long time before making the decision to do so so please don't judge me, but we live in Florida and have 5 fur babies (2 dogs, 2 cats and a guinea pig) and simply MUST be pro-active controlling fleas, especially since one of our dogs has a flea allergy.

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i switched to 'only natural pet EasyDefense squeeze-on' on my dog and no fleas or ticks all summer. safer and a lot cheaper too, oily for a couple days when first applying but, so worth the piece of mind. (i use a blunt need and syringe to put it on dog and it cuts down the coat getting all oily by a lot this way). Our cats are indoors and have had no fleas so have never used their cat version but, it is all natural and i would use it with my diabetic cat if i had to.

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I have used Revolution for years, it's the only one that ever worked well for me. Never had a problem using it with any of my kitties, diabetic or not. :)

ETA: I buy it from Australia, much cheaper, but longer shipping time.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I've used Advantage II for the last couple of years.

I used to use Frontline, but the fleas have developed a resistance to it and it doesn't work around here anymore

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I just started using Bravecto. It is a topical that last 12 weeks. Advantage and Frontline were not just killing the flies on my cats (and dog).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.