? Food allergy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mary hornbeck, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

hi everyone:
    I wanted to get some feedback because everytime I feed my cat he vigorously scratches by his ear and grooms himself. I have a feeling he is reacting to his food going from gyco balance timfancy feast. He was also doing this on the gyco balance.

Has anyone experienced this?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I have my suspicions that Mia was having some reactions to Fancy Feast. She seemed to be scratching her chin a lot, to the point that she had a little scab. The hair seemed thinned out a bit on her chin and just above her eyes. She also started to have some poop issues. I ended up changing to Weruva Chicken Frick A' Zee, and I am not seeing the issues anymore. Both of my girls are doing great on it - I hope it keeps up! I have FF still on hand and would use it if I had to if they were being finicky at some point and would not eat the other options I have, but I would not use it again as a regular food for my girls. It works for so many cats, but it does have some 'garbage' ingredients in it like 'artificial flavors' and 'meat by products', and I think they put fish in every one of the things; I used Classic Chicken Feast, and it had fish.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

Thanks for the info, I tried friskies Pate tonight to see if it makes a difference. Maybe I will get a can or two of the stuff you r using to see if the friskies shows the same reaction to him

4. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

https://www.gohealthypet.com/Canned-Cat-Food-s/64.htm
    This website allows you to order single pet food cans, whereas most online retailers require you to buy a case.
    I Ordered a variety of foods for Monster from go healthy pet. Their customer service is great.
    The stores around me don’t carry a good selection of the premium pet foods.

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Lillie

Lillie Member

I switched to Canidae Pure duck pate for my Leo. He can't eat chicken, beef, turkey, or pork. It's a limited ingredient food with no carageenen etc. He does pretty good on it with his IBD and food sensitivities. The main draw back though is that it is very very expensive. Petco carries it in single cans but they run out quickly as I think it is pretty popular.

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

If it's hard to find, try ordering online at Chewy.com. Free shipping if the order is over $49. They are reliable and helpful.

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Lillie

Lillie Member

I do order from Chewy but sometimes I forget to order in time so I have to run to Petco. There are only 18 cans in a case and since they're only 3 oz cans they go fast. I need to order several cases at a time now. I can't believe how much my cat costs me in cat food. Wouldn't you know that the only foods he can tolerate are the most expensive ones! He's a high maintenance boy.

Maggies Mom Debby likes this.
  8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

But he's worth it! :D

Mogs

Maggies Mom Debby likes this.
  9. Lillie

Lillie Member

Yes, and he believes he is too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.