? Food help for new member

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

@Chester and Rita need some help with food. They are brand new here and haven't quite worked everything out as well as working two jobs so I offered to post. Chester and Rita's message follows...

I never know how much wet food to leave out before I go to work? I know he's not supposed to eat kibbles but I have to leave something and the we food is always untouched when I get home. He used to LIVE for wet food and now he just nibbles it and doesn't get fired up about it anymore, ugh! Anyone else out there having this dilemma?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

How long are you gone at a time? Would a timed feeder work for you? There are the rotating kind with 5 "bowls" that you can set to revolve and open at certain times. We got a two "bowl" feeder that you can set each bowl to open at different times. The one we have has a little ice pack that keeps the food cold, and we have been using it for night feedings as it's hot in the day and Idjit doesn't want to eat much. I think the rotating one is a PetSafe 5, and the one we have is a CatMate.
    It might be more appealing for Chester if it's not dried out. It might also be the brand/flavor of the food. Cats can be picky sometimes.

3. Leah

Leah Member

Are you adding water to it? Mine are reluctant to touch it if I haven't turned it into soup!

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Is he underweight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.