Food question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sootyca, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sootyca

Sootyca Member

The more I read the more questions I have!

Sky is on a full wet diet, no dry at all. She is going into the vets tomorrow to have a curve done due to ongoing problems trying to get blood out of her - I am determined I will be able to do it eventually as it is clearly the best way to monitor things. However at the moment it's just not working for us.

My questions is about food though.

What sort of feeding regime to people have and do you mix and match food or keep to the same brand?

I'm in the UK and she has a real mixture of food during the day - either Felix AGAIL, applaws (sometimes the complete, but more often the complimentary as a treat), Lilys Kitchen and Wellness. She likes her variety and is especially fond on the higher meat content foods which I don't blame her. Tonight I have learnt that the Felix has added sugars which I didn't know and the Lilys Kitchen which I thought was the best may not be!

I feed her now at about 6.30am (before her morning insulin) then she gets fed about 1 ish and at about 6pm before her evening insulin and then again at about 10.30pm for her supper.

I know it will be hard to tell without a glucose curve but am I going to be causing her problems by feeding her often during the day and mixing the food up. I would hate to be causing her more harm by doing this. My vets told me to keep her on the same feeding pattern she is on but they also said I was giving her the lowest starting dose of insulin (when I clearly wasn't) so I'm not sure I have much faith in them! She is currently on a 2 dosage of insulin (not sure I know what that means but she was on 5 previously).

Karen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.