Food Question!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DianeM &Shadow, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DianeM &Shadow

DianeM &Shadow Member

Hi, everyone! I know Shadow and I haven't been around much for a few years - LOTS of stuff going on - but here's a short update and a food question. Shadow moved to Lantus in January and has been doing a lot better. We tried Vetsulin 3x/day at one point, but that didn't work. His current dose is between 1.5 and 2 units twice a day and his labs for the past year have come back great, renals included. I am so grateful for that. In the meantime, one of my other kitties, JoeyJones, was diagnosed with acromegaly and had SRT on 6/12 at Red Bank in NJ. He is on Levemir and his dose has decreased from 18 units twice a day to 8-9 units twice a day. I am observing him closely for his response to the treatment. And a shout out to the Feline Acromegaly group on FB!!! Anyway, I stopped feeding Purina products to both the inside and outside kitties. The inside kitties/diabetics are currently eating Sheba and the outside kitties were getting 9 Lives, which they don't like any better than they did the Friskies when it's formula changed. I am currently trying Chewy's grain-free American Journey and wondered if anyone here was using it. It seems a little better quality but they are not wild about it, either. I hate the Sheba packaging so I would like to ask: what foods have you discovered that are ok for diabetics and that the kitties like? If I had the refrigerator/freezer space I would seriously consider making the food but it's just not possible right now. All suggestions are very welcomed and as an aside, blessing to you all and wishing you and your kitties good health and low BG's!!! Thanks ahead of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.