food question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sybil and Zoe, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

I am still struggling with finding the food that my cat(s) will eat. I am using fancy feast pate as the friskies was not met with any kind of enthusiasm. Some days they will eat pretty good and some days they just turn up their noses. (2 cats, and only 1 of them is diabetic). They were kibble eaters and adored Temptations treats. They generally had some in their dish everyday. With the diet changes and 4.75 units of Vetsulin, Zoe's numbers are slowly coming down. I feed only the pate with some of the fortiflora sprinkled on top. I usually buy the fancy feast variety box of 24 cans. None I can say they really like. Do most cats do better with one flavor and sticking with it or do most of you rotate flavors?

2. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

I rotate FF flavors but have found that if I stick with one flavor for 2-3 days they'll slowly get tired of it but will then really like the next flavor. I'll stick with one flavor again for 2-3 days and go to another flavor. Some days they'll just look at it but when confronted with that flavor or no food they'll eat it. Of course if your shooting then things change since you have to feed after the shot. Jeez, sometimes I think our cats only purpose in life is to drive us nuts. LOL

3. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

Thanks for your reply. I am going to try that. Dusty Bones looks so much like my gray cat I had prior to Zoe. He was a domestic but looked like a blue and lived to about 17. : )

Dusty Bones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.