Food recommendations

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Terri Caiazzo, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri Caiazzo

Terri Caiazzo Member

Hi. I’m a new member and looking for guidance on the best food to feed my sugar kitty. Xena was diagnosed in July and went on ProZinc insulin twice a day and Hills m/d glucose management wet food. Two months later, she went into remission. The vet recommended to continue feeding her the m/d wet food twice a day only. She is so hungry. Xena has always enjoyed eating (she is 17 pounds which is too much), but I’m having a hard time cutting back her portions because she is so hungry. She wakes me up at 3:30 in the morning and will visit her bowl looking for more. We have to lock up our other cat so he can eat in peace.

I took her blood glucose levels today. Fasting was 97 mg/dL, one and a half hours later it was 135. It then went back to 96 two hours later. I’m out of strips but think the trend is that she will be around 100 since that was her fasting.

Any suggestions on a better food, how often to feed her, and an optimal blood glucose level ? I’m just worried that it’s around 100. Thank you in advance !

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Terri Caiazzo

Terri Caiazzo Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.