Food- regular vs pate

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katie and Fuzzy, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katie and Fuzzy

Katie and Fuzzy Member

A lot of Fancy Feast flavors are now saying pate. Like there will be 2 kinds of the same flavors, but one will say pate. But now they're all starting to say pate. Is there a difference between the regular and the pate?

There's already only a few flavors that keep Fuzzy diet controlled. They are Chicken and Liver, Beef and Liver, Turkey and Giblets (which he doesn't seem to like that), and 2 fish flavored ones that I only give once a week because I read cats should only get fish once a week (although they're his fav). So the problem is that recently all I could find of Chicken and Liver is the pate variety instead of the regular. Is there a difference in carbs in the pate than there are in the regular? I hope not, because I don't know what I'm going to feed him if they all switch to pate.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

3. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Pate is the regular non gravy varieties but they changed their labeling. Some feel they changed the food as their cats wont eat the new label cans. Its actually easier to see which are the non gravy flavors.

4. Katie and Fuzzy

Katie and Fuzzy Member

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Fuzzy doesn't seem to like the pate either. :( Now I'll have to find a new brand and test him to see the effect it has on his BG. Why couldn't FF just stick to their old recipes?

5. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I found ours weren't thrilled with the pate because they are lazy and hate to chew - they want to lap stuff up or scarf kibble without chewing. As long as we chop up the pate and mix it with the juices it comes with and stir in a little water so its softer (think soft-serve ice cream consistancy, just on the verge of melting around the edges) they eat it just fine.

6. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

Mine won't eat anything but pate, they leave all the chunks and will eat only some shredded. For the new FF, since Purina will not give Janet any As-fed numbers, try doing a comparison of ingredients being wary of grains, and remeber that "chicken meal" is not, repeat, not, chicken. Chicken on the label means muscle meat, that's what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.