for anyone who's new and scared, this board works!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JJ & Gwyn, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

My beautiful, beloved Gwyn was born 21 years ago today. She became diabetic in October 2004. Because of other health conditions, she was permanently on steroids and therefore remained an active diabetic (getting insulin every day) for the rest of her life. However, because of the advice I received from the people on this board, I was able to keep her diabetes under control, as well as receiving a *lot* of help in managing her various other conditions.

In a few hours, it will be exactly a year since my Gwyn died, the day after her 20th birthday. I know it's because of the help and support I received from the folks on this board that Gwyn was able to stay as happy and healthy as long as she did. I know this is all extremely confusing to the new folks but, if you listen to advice you get here, you have a chance at getting your cat into remission. Or, even if your cat can't make it into remission, s/he can still live a long and healthy life, just like my Gwyn.

I wish everyone here the best of luck with their beloved cats, and I thank everyone here for all the support I received over the years.

Peace --

Jean and her Gwyn

2. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

How inspirational, Jean! I am sure Gwyn is looking down from Rainbow Bridge, proud of you!

3. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry you had to lose her, but it sounds like she had a long and very good life with a devoted bean. Thanks for posting.

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

I love the look on her little face in your avatar. I will always remember Gwynni because you sent her some of her meds for my B.K. Hard to believe it's been a year already.

5. JenElliot

JenElliot Member

I agree 110%! The lovely people here helped me with my boy Mali and he has now been OTJ for 2-1/2 weeks! I was like a deer in headlights after he had a seizure due to hypo, and after the vets lowered his dose but I still had a feeling he was getting too much. I learned what foods I should be feeding him, and was encouraged to home test - then further encouraged when my first 2 attempts failed. nailbite_smile Once we got the testing and diet going well I got advice from people here, had a long conversation with my vet, and he was taken off insulin. I'm still amazed because he was on insulin for 5-1/2 years! I don't know if we would've made it through those scary couple of weeks without the help and support I got here.

So now I make it part of my regular daily internet time to check this board for more info that may be helpful, and to offer help and support to anyone who feels helpless like I did. So thank you to everyone here who has helped the newbies!!!

And newbies - ask as many questions as you'd like, even if they seem silly. Everyone here is great and has a passion for helping sugarbabies. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.