For cats that love milk....

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dusty Bones, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

My civie Beni is 15 going on 16 years old and like most old cats can't gain weight as their bodies just can't digest or absorb nutrients as well. As you all know most cats are lactose intolerant so even though they love milk it's not good for them. That being said Beni loves milk so I started giving him Lactaid and he loves it, doesn't upset his tummy and he's putting on some weight too. Not sure how milk affects diabetics but the pure protein should fit right in with the feline high protein diet we all strive for. Any thoughts on using it for diabetic cats?

Panic likes this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

My geriatric 21 yr old loves milk too and I buy Lactaid for him. Found out my diabetic girl loves it too and have given it to her as a treat from time to time. She is in remission now but even when still getting insulin, I never identified any adverse reaction with her BG.

Dusty Bones likes this.
  3. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

Wow that's amazing, 21 years old! Dusty's been in remission since 2013 so it's good to hear I can give him a milk treat every so often too.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.