For optional middle of night testing, this may be helpful

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BJM, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you choose to test overnight, because that is the only time you have to get mid-cycle tests, or you suspect your cat is dropping low sometime during the night and you want to confirm or rule that out.
    And you may need to be awake the next day, so you might want to grab some naps to get some sleep.
    If you want to test between naps, it helps to make the duration of the nap a multiple of 45 minutes. This is because the average human sleep cycle is 45 minutes and it is easier to wake up towards the end of a cycle, rather than in the middle.
    Here are some nap durations which may work for you.
    45 minutes
    1 hour 30 minutes
    2 hours 15 minutes
    3 hours
    3 hours 45 minutes
    4 hours 30 minutes
    5 hours 15 minutes
    6 hours

2. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Interesting, indeed! This might be worth a try and perhaps encourage some of us to do some overnight testing. I would like to do more testing in the wee hours of the morning, but once I'm awake, I'm awake for pretty much the entire night and then am totally worthless the next day. What little nighttime testing I do is usually done at 1 hour intervals. The 45-minute theory might help improve the efficiency of that schedule and prevent zombie mode the following day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.