Frankie 4.21 AMPS 279 +15 163 PMPS 187

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Member

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: Frankie 4.21 AMPS 279

Good morning.

And how is Frankie and Jay today?

3. Jay

Jay Member

When I left to get to my office, Frankie was in my bed, cuddled up with my pillows trying to get some sleep (I seem to annoy him a lot lately). He's doing better then me.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Jay...well, hope things will get better soon for you. Glad Frankie is doing better...

5. Jay

Jay Member

Re: Frankie 4.21 AMPS 279 +13 119

He still isnt eating as robustly as he once was, even after pilling him with an appetite stimulant for the past two days.

I came home and there was plenty of food left over from this morning.

He is acting normally as normal as Frankie ever could be, and his constipation issues are gone. I might bring him back in to the vet on Sat as I'm still concerned about his eating habits. Just to give you some perspective it was only a year or two ago that no matter what i'd put in his bowl it was gone in 10 minutes. Today it would be like 24 hours for a bowl of food to disappear and that would only happen if I keep mixing a few pieces of EVO dry every 15 minutes or so.

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Looks like Frankie is looking for another reduction. I'd seriously consider trying a 0.25u reduction and seeing if it holds.
    Glad the appy stimulant is working. Maybe a year ago his numbers were running high? When they get in the better numbers they don't eat as much.

7. Jay

Jay Member

I was thinking the same thing, reducing his dose. I have to test him in 10 minutes and if he is rising and at a number I'm comfortable with ( I do need to sleep sometime) he gets a dose.

8. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Jay,

hope you don't mind if I put my two cents in here. I was going to add them in another email but maybe you'll get some more feedback on this. It has nothing to do with diabetes or your care of Frankie so relax! You are doing a GREAT job IMO :D

However, Frankie has several issues that he didn't have a year or two ago...or even a month ago :sad: Frankie is 13 years old, approximately 70 in people years(like my guys). He never spent a day of his life alone before (figuratively speaking) and now he's spending almost all of his days alone. You are gone very long hours every day (which of course, you have to be to keep Frankie in his DEEluxe apartment in the sky). But Frankie doesn't understand all of this. No matter how much we tell ourselves that they 'get it', they don't. I may not know much about insulin or dosing or stuff like that but I've had a few cats...they get lonely. They miss their companion animals a LOT when they pass. All of the good strides that Frankie has made have been made when you are home. Now you have to go away for a couple of days (I think you mentioned that, right)? Do you think Frankie will understand that? Being alone 24/7 for 2 days? That is why I suggested what I did.

IMO (again, this is just my opinion) I think a big part of what Frankie is experiencing NOW..not 6 months ago but NOW is loss and loneliness and maybe even depression. I think that for Frankie, you should put finding a new friend for him on the top of you "to do" list as soon as you return. You may find a much happier cat. A cat that may start eating again. Even if he doesn't really "like" the new addition at first, I think he may just perk up at having the company.

Normally I do go with the "take as much time as you need" theory, but I think this time Frankie's needs may come first....

Ths isn't a criticism at all..just an observation.

ETA: NOT 24/7 Of course I know that Frankie will be fed and played with and given his shots one way or another :)

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Caryl!! Frankie is missing Chubby & is in mourning...Also he is home alone all day--Just lonely!
    Hope you can find a way to make him feel better--Can anyone look in on him while you are away & stay for a bit?

10. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I told Jay that I would...if he wants me to. I have concerns about if he doesn't eat at all though. I wouldn't want to try to force feed him. I don't know him...it's a slippery slope. If he'd been at least eating all along I' have no worries.

11. Jay

Jay Member

I have him covered. I hated leaving them when he was healthier and with his brother. I have a job which I am grateful for (at my age its tough to find one) and its keep us both afloat and pays 4x better then unemployment. I don't want to leave, yet, if I dont go, a possible loss of income from the lack of doing business, which will degenerate quickly into a loss of a job.

I dont want to lose him as I did Chubbs, and dont want to lose my gig either.

I have someone coming in who is comfortable testing and dosing, hoepfully 2 or 3 per day for 2 days.

12. Jay

Jay Member

Anther buddy, is an option, the next time I go food shopping for him I'll see if one picks me out. We all know that resuces for adoption are everywhere we go. But no guarantees as I am still feeling lousy too and miss him very much.

13. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

It's just a suggestion, Jay. You're eating. Frankie isn't

14. Jay

Jay Member

I dropped him down to 2.25

He was rising and nibbling on his food between +15 and +16. I figure a reduced dose, rising, I'm home (will check him before I crash out) and I'll be up by +6 3AM or =7 4 Am the latest (I need a life)

This is the lowest I have shot in a very very long time.

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Jay)))) I hope you and Frankie start feeling better soon. You don't have to be cheerful and bubbly, but you both do need to eat.

16. Jay

Jay Member

It must be the food. I am sitting at my desk eating a roast beef sandwhich and he is begging me for some, I gave him a bit of roast beef and he gobbled it right up. Its definitely the food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.