Freestyle libre

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bgenick, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgenick

bgenick Member

My cat has several years' history of being poorly regulated, even while being treated by (IMHO) some of the best vets available at our state vet school. He seems to feel well and is more than fat enough, but has been finicky about his eating lately, forcing me to feed him high-carb food and occasionally give him Mirtazapine. As usual, the fructosamine is high. Although he has been stable for more than six months, he has a history of both hypo events and DKA. He is on Prozinc and has always been between 1.5 and 2 units--when he drops too low, we increase .5, and when he goes to high, we decrease .5. Because of his history, no one (including me) is anxious to increase his dose. I do know how to home test, but he is one who has very little curve.

The vet has now recommended trying a Freestyle Libre meter. I don't know anything about it. Who has tried it, and what was your experience? Did your cat tolerate it? Did it inform treatment?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. bgenick

bgenick Member

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.