FreeStyle Lite Strips

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

I have heard many people say that they use the FreeStyle Lite Strips with the AlphaTrak 2 meter. Some have said that the readings are not far off from the alphatrak strips. Yesterday, I did a test here is what I got.

AlphaTrak 2 strip: 563
    FreeStyle strip: 619

I know it is not like 100 off but others have gotten closer readings. I have the code at 38 which is the code on the Alphatrak strip bottle. Should it be set at something different?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No. Leave it at that cat code. Here's a quick calculation to clarify things:
    20% of 563 = 113
    Add 113 to 563 and you get 676 (way over 619).

20% of 619 = 124
    Subtract 124 from 619 and you get 495 (way under 563).

That's the latitude in readings the allowed 20% variance in meters can create. It's why we look at numbers with this in mind and pay little to no attention to what are essentially insignificant differences. It's also why we focus on BG trends instead of precise numbers - except for the 50/68 take action numbers.

3. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Ok I think we are getting somewhere. I just checked Booger with the Relion and he was 102. I then checked with a FreeStyle Strip (and AT2 meter) and it said 160. I then used a AT2 strip (in AT2 meter) and it said 163! Maybe the first strip yesterday was wonky or just needed to adjust somehow lol

Magic Johnson and Kris & Teasel like this.
  4. Smokey and Jessica

Smokey and Jessica Member

The variance is higher with higher numbers so I think you’re getting good readings both days! They’re both within the allowed variance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.