Freeze dried raw food questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Witn (GA), Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Does anyone here feed their cats freeze dried raw food? I recently saw an infomercial online for a brand of freeze dried raw food and I am curious if anyone feeds their cats it.

Are there any brands you can recommend especially if you feed multiple cats? The brand that was advertised in the site I was looking at is "Dr. Marty's". It seems too expensive to feed 5 cats, but was wondering if there are other options.

I am not ready to start making my own raw food, unless someone can recommend ways of storing it so it can be fed over several weeks. Then I can make large batches at a time.

2. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

I feed my cats Stella & Chewy freeze dried raw. I also feed other food, but around noon every day I soak a large bowl of the freeze dried nuggets and drain the water after they get soft. My older cats seem to like it as a boost.

When Grandpa had pancreatic flares and wouldn't eat, this was often the only thing he wanted.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I give my girls PureBites freeze dried chicken treats as a meal topper/treat but do not use freeze dried raw as a primary meal source.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I feed my young ones mostly Primal and Small Batch frozen but also feed Primal freeze dried sometimes. The freeze dried and frozen have the exact same ingredients. I just feelthe frozen is less processed.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I saw that video too.....lasted way too long before it got to the point (IMO)

The ingredients baffle me though if it's supposed to be for an obligate carnivore
    Turkey, Beef, Salmon, Duck, Flax, Beef Liver, Turkey Hearts, Turkey Liver, Sweet Potato, Eggs, Pea Flour, Carrots, Apples, Blueberries, Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Spinach, Ginger, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.