Friday Five: Adrenalin

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Do you enjoy watching scary/gory movies?
    2. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em?
    3. What's the wildest/scariest sport/physical activity you've ever done?
    4. Do you get nervous speaking in public, or do you love the thrill?
    5. What gives you a nervous rush every time you do it, no matter how often you already have?

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. Nope
    2. Love 'em
    3. Skydiving
    4. Nerves
    5. Skydiving? :lol: Job interviews, dating, getting a fractious cat in the carrier

Sarah, are you an adrenaline junky perhaps? I don't think I ever could have come up with these questions, i.e. to put things in a positive light rather than a negative one. Interesting food for thought!

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

No, never.

Used to love 'em, now I hate 'em.

Mountain biking on a cliff-hanger trail.

A little nervous, but no big fear or thrill.

5. What gives you a nervous rush every time you do it, no matter how often you already have?
    Kayaking. I get nervous every time we put our boats in the water.

Glad you're back, Sarah.

5. Sarah and Buzz

Joanna: I'm not what you would call an adrenalin junkie. I do try most things, even if they make me scared (bungee jumping immediately leaping out as the exception thus far), but mostly so I know if I like it or not. I don't feel compelled to be scared half out of my mind to have a good time. ;)

1. No, I can't sleep for days if it's too freaky. I had to stop watching "The Grudge" halfway through. If it's campy, they are fun, though.
    2.I like them, but I'm always afraid my safety bar will fail and I'll die so...I'm not sure what category to put that in. ;)
    3. Well, the activity itself isn't wild or scary, but the moment was: I was canoeing in BWCA (northern MN/Canada) and we were in the middle of a very large lake when a storm whipped in. It was a pretty big storm, but it was even bigger because we were in canoes in open water. I have never paddled so hard in my life and it hardly got us anywhere. Luckily we didn't capsize; I don't know what we would have done.
    4. I really dislike speaking in public.
    5. Speaking in public; getting into a car with a certain friend behind the wheel; applying to colleges; the moment a plane takes off from the tarmac (when I'm on it); seeing people in outer space.

6. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

1. Don't like the gore, but suspense is good--'Signs' is on tv right now, I like those kind of suspenseful movies.

2. LOVE THEM!!!

3. Not much of a thrill seeker--scariest was my first time kayaking. Got caught up in strong rapids and ended up slamming into a partially submerged fallen tree. Capsized and couldn't get out of the kayak--my uncle had to dive in and save me (and I'm a strong swimmer). Needless to say, don't plan on getting into another kayak--I'll stick to water skiing!

4. Never felt comfortable with public speaking, I can do it--just don't like it. The worst for me was when I was on tv--had a panic attack during it:( Radio didn't bother me (I guess its bc I felt somewhat 'invisible')

5. Grooming Molly!! Ha Ha! Never know just what she might do to retaliate!

7. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

1. scary :eek:

2. love 'em :D

3. umm, not sure if this counts? stayed the night at the Myrtles Plantation - THE MOST HAUNTED REAL SCARIEST PLACES IN AMERICA. nailbite_smile

4. get nervous

5. conducting an investigation at a haunted location. founder of http://www.mysticghost.com/

8. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

1. Nope. Bad dreams. If it's a must see (meaning someone else must see it, it must be done in the daytime)
    2. LOVE them!!
    3. hang gliding
    4. Love it. Good clean fun.
    5. Long distance race - 10 miles or more

9. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

don't seek them out but can watch them if need be

absolutely love them!

tough choice between auto & boat racing. the boat only went 60-70mph but on water it feels like 1000 :)

as a kid growing up, yes. i would start crying in front of class when doing oral book reports. once i moved to california for whatever reason, that fear went away. figure it's just one more thing in life we gotta do.

i have to think about this one.....................does sex count? LOL!! just kidding but i thought i'd wake y'all up with that one. :lol:

10. Sarah and Buzz

Haha, Cindy, I think we're all awake now! ;)

isn't that funny about your move and no longer being afraid of public speaking? Interesting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.