Friday Five: Aliens

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hang on, kids; this is about to get weeeeeeeird! :lol:

1. You are on your way to work, when suddenly a wormhole to the far side of the galaxy opens in the middle of the road. You are thus the first to meet the alien being that emerges. Despite your protestations, you are now Earth’s unofficial First Contact ambassador. What will you say to the visitor?

2. A wandering trading caravan emerges from the wormhole. They plan to stay on Earth for a few weeks, and then will move on to the next planet and the next. Whatever you said must have really impressed them, because they offer to let you and a few other humans come along with them. The only catch is that the caravan probably won’t be back to Earth. Would you go? Why or why not?

3. Suppose you decided to go. The master of the caravan will allow you to bring along whatever trinkets and baubles you think will sell on alien worlds, and will also allow you to bring exactly five other items that you may always keep. Clearly, he does not mean practical items like shoes or a toothbrush. What would you bring?

4. Suppose you decided to stay home after all. The caravan master offers you a parting gift. You may choose among super-brain pills, a flying car, a robot butler, or an invisibility belt. Which would you choose and why?

5. Suppose you ended up taking the super-brain pills. You now have a head the size, shape, and color of a watermelon. But you also now have the most fantastic mind the world has ever seen. What would be the first task you set it to?

2. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

1. You are on your way to work, when suddenly a wormhole to the far side of the galaxy opens in the middle of the road. You are thus the first to meet the alien being that emerges. Despite your protestations, you are now Earth’s unofficial First Contact ambassador. What will you say to the visitor?

I would probably faint first and when I came to would have no Idea...not such a good answer.

2. A wandering trading caravan emerges from the wormhole. They plan to stay on Earth for a few weeks, and then will move on to the next planet and the next. Whatever you said must have really impressed them, because they offer to let you and a few other humans come along with them. The only catch is that the caravan probably won’t be back to Earth. Would you go? Why or why not?
    no, who would take care of my kitties?

3. Suppose you decided to go. The master of the caravan will allow you to bring along whatever trinkets and baubles you think will sell on alien worlds, and will also allow you to bring exactly five other items that you may always keep. Clearly, he does not mean practical items like shoes or a toothbrush. What would you bring?
    Pictures of my parents- oh my son of course-can you bunch all of your cats in as one item? Cell phone-internet

4. Suppose you decided to stay home after all. The caravan master offers you a parting gift. You may choose among super-brain pills, a flying car, a robot butler, or an invisibility belt. Which would you choose and why?

an invisibility belt!! then i can go where ever, when ever :mrgreen:
    5. Suppose you ended up taking the super-brain pills. You now have a head the size, shape, and color of a watermelon. But you also now have the most fantastic mind the world has ever seen. What would be the first task you set it to?
    fix the economy- oil spil

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I doubt I'd have the presence of mind to say much of anything!!! And if I did, I'm sure it would be something dopey!!! ("Please don't kill me!" LOL, or "Hello, and welcome to our beautiful planet. Would you like a drink, or do you need to stop at a bathroom maybe?" LOL!)

Nah - who would feed the cats? Maybe when I was younger I would have wanted to, I don't think it matters to me much now, just want my own peaceful patch of dirt to live on.

Hmmm, I'm not much for keeping stuff. I wouldn't stress the cats out by taking them, so probably nothing.

Flying car. Sounds fun! Brain pills... yawn, robot butler... creepy, invisibility belt... has some appeal, but if I'm in a situation where I feel the need to be invisible, I'd probably rather just not be there at all, so why bother.

1) Raking in some $$$ so I can support myself & the kitties. 2) Ad campaign to make watermelon-heads the coolest thing EVER! 3) Solve all the world's problems. - No, I'm not shallow & self-centered, LOL!!!!

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Figuring out why people push already-lit elevator buttons. After that, who knows! A cure for Alzheimer's, perhaps.

I see I messed this up by replying within the quotes, but it's way too much work to fix it, especially at this time of night. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.