Friday Five: Kitty antics

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Does your kitty like laser pointers?
    2. Catnip: addicted or laissez-faire? (the kitty, not you)
    3. Have you ever bathed your cat? If so, we want details. ;)
    4. Does your kitty turn into a psycho at the vet?
    5. What is the kitty behavior that drives you the craziest (peeing in toasters notwithstanding)?

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i assume we are to answer with our diabetics in mind? 'cause with 16 cats my answers could go on for a bit and be so different one would think i've lost my mind??? :)

But as far as Mousie goes:

i think so?
    http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q270 ... 0_0252.flv

you tell me what you think?
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270 ... 0_1940.jpg
    http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q270 ... 0_0084.flv

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! OMG I THINK I WET MY PANTS FROM LAUGHING SO MUCH!!

I've barely held her, and you want me to bathe her?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

nahhhhhhh, Mousie actually meets up with her inner self when she goes to the vet and becomes rather introverted. Her mother on the other hand, likes to rotate between visiting her friends there, Mr Floor and Mr Ceiling. :)

5. What is the kitty behavior that drives you the craziest (peeing in toasters notwithstanding)?

speaking with Mousie in mind, I'd say the fact that she teases me by coming and standing in front of me when I'm laying on the couch. she stands there with that longing look in her eyes like she wants to jump on my tummy and lay down but she just won't quite do it :(

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

No, Blackie doesn't play much anymore. But drooler Beau loves, loves, loves the laser pointer (and flashlights too).

Addicted to fresh and dried

No, thank god.

No, he doesn't like it, but he tolerates it.

Disappearing when he's outside. It gives me a heart attack until I find him. FYI -I usually find him by the catnip. Blackie is good boy and he doesn't really do anything irritating. :D

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. I could never get them to look beyond my hand and the laser. I'm sure they thought it was some kind of treat for them I was holding, and that red spot on the floor.... yawn... where's our treat mom?

2. Pippa loves it, Noora & Bix don't know what they are missing.

3. Nope. My mom did flea baths back when I was a kid. Won't go anywhere near any kind of kitty bath after helping out with that!!!

4. Nope. Noora gets sweaty paws, Bix & Pippa go submissive, if perhaps a bit squirmy.

5. It's weird, I've gotten rather fond of their quirks, even the annoying ones. Having lost a few kitties along the way I realized I missed even the annoying stuff, so now I kind of cherish it. Well... mostly. Can't really think of anything that's all that annoying really. Even the poop smeared on the wall this morning (huh? someone trying to tell me something?) seemed kind of entertaining - I knew I'd have an audience here who would appreciate the antic/accident. :lol: If I had to pick something, I would request that they would barf more on the linoleum, and less everywhere but the linoleum. ohmygod_smile

[ETA: Cindy, the vids/pics are priceless!!! :mrgreen: ]

5. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

1. He loves them - he has been able to play more now that we are getting his asthma under control

2. He tried to eat the dried stuff!

3. Yes. When he was fatter he used to not be able to clean his back very well. When his fur started looking bad before we found out it was diabetes I bathed him thinking his fur was just dirty. He tolerated it pretty well though - looked like drowned rat! :lol:

4. Not at all. Our vet has a calming aura around her. He usually lays down on the scale and stays there during the whole visit.

5. When he does puke - its the most awful smelling stuff and he somehow manages to project it about a foot away from his body. Also, when he gets hungry he walks across my stomach over and over in an effort to become so annoying that I give up and feed him lol

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Buzz is a schoolmarm. She will only play if none of the other kitties are playing. She likes the laser pointer as much as anything else and will chase it for a bit when I get it out.
    2. Buzz, unlike the 2 civies, wants nothing to do with catnip. I am starting to suspect she might be an alien.
    3. I have never bathed Buzz, and I'd sooner shoot myself than attempt it. She freaks out if one DROP of water lands on her. I have bathed Eve on numerous occasions, though; the only one with front claws. The last time I bathed Eve was when I moved here to St. Louis. She had peed in her carrier and gotten it all over herself. I was here by myself and had to bathe her one-handed. She actually is pretty good and I didn't even get scratched.
    4. No, they are all good. There was that one time when Buzz was apparently possessed, but that's been an isolated incident.
    5. Buzz doesn't really do a lot that drives me crazy, honestly. Eve is the one who meows at crazy hours of the night, and Cricket sits and stares at me creepily when he thinks it's time to eat. But all in all, they are excellent kitties and I am lucky.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

8. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

First set of answers is for Angus, my GA diabetic. Second is for Minou, my civie.

Yes, but he got frustrated fairly quickly.
    No, not at all interested.
    Addicted. Loved to eat it.
    Addicted.
    Yes. The first time he had an accident in his crate his feet and tail were covered in urine. I filled the sink with warm water and lifted him from the crate directly into the sink. He let me soap and rinse him, but I was not allowed to dry him. So, I had an angry, wet cat dashing around the house. I learned to line the crate with pee pads and an absorbant wheel chair pad and to carry a "diaper bag" with me.
    No, and only a dire emergency would make me attempt it.
    No, he yowled the entire time but was otherwise completely passive.
    No, she will sometimes growl or hiss, but is generally good.
    Shooting litter 3 feet across the floor. He was an obsessive digger and he was strong! I got him an underbed storage box with 30 lbs. of clay clumping litter. After his first use, I swept up 3 lbs of litter from the surrounding area (I weighed it because I was curious).
    Minou jumps my head in the morning to get me up for breakfast. This wouldn't bother me too much, except she keeps landing short. She has scratched my forehead and nose and come mere millimeters from my eye.

9. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

1. Does your kitty like laser pointers? yes

2. Catnip: addicted or laissez-faire? (the kitty, not you) like it, but won't give up food for it

3. Have you ever bathed your cat? If so, we want details. ;) yes, for fleas on ocassion, for DH who is allergic, and some seasons are worse than others. And once, if my memory is good, because Buddha as a kitten jumped up on the toilet, only the lid wasn't down like he expected, and I had toilet cleaner in the bowl.

4. Does your kitty turn into a psycho at the vet? no, my cats are usually very good. Tho, I had one, years ago that most vets were scared of. If I ever had to leave him they'd usually ask me to get him out of the cage when I came to pick him up. I'd always ask "did he bite anyone?" before I asked how he was.

5. What is the kitty behavior that drives you the craziest (peeing in toasters notwithstanding)? Buddha can be a scooter ... to the point where the only solution was to go rent a carpet cleaner and do the whole house IMMEDIATELY. (He just brought me a sock -- good kitty!) And when my kitties, all of them, get locked in the closet, they don't answer when I call. They just sit there by the door, listening to my herekittykittykittys and wait til I find the right door to open. Then they saunter out and plan their next game of hide and seek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.