Friday Five: National Parks

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Which national parks have you visited?
    2. Which is your favorite?
    3. Which one would you not recommend (if any)?
    4. Which one would you most like to visit (either again or for the first time)?
    5. Without looking it up, do you know which national park is the most visited (in terms of number of visitors per year)?

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

1. Which national parks have you visited?
    Canyonlands NP
    Arches NP
    Zion NP
    Bryce Canyon NP
    Chaco Historical NP
    Hovenweep NM
    Grand Teton NP
    (All in Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming & Colorado)

2. Which is your favorite?
    They are all beautiful, but I loved Hovenweep. The ruins were small, but it just felt good being there.

3. Which one would you not recommend (if any)?
    I would recommend any of them, but some should not be seen in the summer cuz its too hot.

4. Which one would you most like to visit (either again or for the first time)?
    I would love to go to Yellowstone and Grand Canyon.

5. Without looking it up, do you know which national park is the most visited (in terms of number of visitors per year)?
    My guess would be Yellowstone.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. Visited: Everglades, Shenandoah, Valley Forge, Niagra Falls, Cabrillo, lots of little ones in the DC area and maybe some in the mid-atlantic or New England.

2. Favorite: Everglades, but yeah, they are all cool.

3. I think I'd recommend everything, always a good experience, right? Parks are just about the coolest thing EVER, IMHO.

4. Yosemite is supposed to be awesome, so that's probably at the top of the list. Pinnacles is within easy driving distance so I'd like to hit that one of these days, and I know there is a redwood forest near me, but not sure if it's the national park or if that is elsewhere. Anyhow, I hope to get there one of these days too. No gas money for now. :(

5. # visitors I would guess Grand Canyon, or if not that, Yellowstone.

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Which national parks have you visited? Not many, unfortunately. There may be some little ones here and there which I can't remember, but the only big one I have been to is Great Smoky Mountains NP.
    2. Which is your favorite? Well, I think the answer is obvious. :lol:
    3. Which one would you not recommend (if any)? I would recommend the Smokies, but it is REALLY crowded there. The park itself isn't so bad because it's really big, but the towns around it are SO touristy and jampacked that it's really hard to go anywhere (I lived in one of them for 4 years and almost had an aneurysm behind the wheel every day during tourist season).
    4. Which one would you most like to visit (either again or for the first time)? There are quite a few, but if I had to pick just one, I'd say Glacier NP.
    It's actually the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee/North Carolina. The reason is that it is pretty centrally located within easy driving distance of a LOT of places in the eastern half of the US. It's beautiful, particularly in the autumn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.