Friskies Fancy Feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On behalf of many of us (including my Mugsy and his friend Jake) I have emailed Friskies explaining the problem they are causing by changing the contents and labels. I have informed them of how important it is to us to have gluten free food (and grain free) and how our trust in them is being destroyed. I hope it will wake them up and we will get well-marked affordable food in the future. It might help if we all contacted these pet food companies and explained to them that we need healthy gluten free food, not just for our sick cats but, for all cats. It couldn't hurt. A couple minutes of computer time per letter.

2. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I agree.
    When the store brand I was buying changed their label and Sweety wouldn't touch it I read the ingredients and sent an e-mail to the company (Hannaford supermarket chain in the North east). I had links and quotes from the health links here and other websites to back up what I was saying. I was sent back a list of the "new" ingredients from the manufacturer. I freaked - the list didn't quite match what was on the label - it was ALL corn, soy, wheat! Thank goodness Sweety knew better than to eat it! I then contacted the manufacturer...and gave them a piece of my mind, with the same feline diet quotes and links.
    Why these companies don't use this info to their advantage and market it, is beyond me. They could corner the market if they educated the consumer. And I bet all other companies would follow - wouldn't that be great?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.