Friskies formula change

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alice and Tabby, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Tabby's all time favorite is Friskies Turkey and Gibletes. The other day I opened a can and the food was very light in color and i new something was wrong. He ate 2 bites and refused to eat anymore of it. I have opened 3 more cans since and have found the same thing. I can only assume this means a formula change. Has anyone else found this same problem with Friskies. We went through this same thing a couple months ago with Fancy feast and their formula change. I had to take my civies off FF because they wouldn't eat it and it gave one of my civies a bad colitis attack that lasted for over a week. Now this with Friskies. Why or why are they changing formulas? Any info on the Friskies problem would be great.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Since we have one civie that is allergic to just about everything, we are limited to the chicken and turkey flavors, I too noticed the other day that the turkey was a different color, now while all of mine are still willing to eat it, I have been spending a good part of my day cleaning up cat barf. So after reading this I too am assuming it is a formula change (sigh)

Mel

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

4. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Just got of the phone with Friskies and they claim they haven't changed the formula. The color of the food varies becasue of the raw ingredients used in that batch. I told her my cat wouldn't eat it either. And Tabby hasn't been himself. I will try to find some older cans at other stores. I don't know what I am going to do.

5. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Hmmm...we only feed Turkey and Giblets and the Chicken & Liver dinners...and Max puked the other day after eating some Turkey. I didn't think much of it tho because it was the end of that case, and every so often he just eats too fast and throws it all back up (ooooohhhh so much FUN! :roll: ). Oh, and then the dog had diarrhea yesterday morning, and DH discovered, after much careful observation, that he'd eaten some of the paper towels we used to clean up the vomit (we have laminate floors, so it wasn't carpet cleaner causing the dog's problem). We're onto a new case of the Chicken and both boys are doing fine with it...but I have two cases of the Turkey in the basement that I just bought the other day. When we get to them I'll have to keep an eye out.

6. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

It just seems really strange that suddenly I have 10 civies all completely healthy and not a picky eater in the bunch that are now either turning up their noses at it, or eating and then vomiting it back up in just minutes after eating. Including my two recent additions 4 month old tux twins. You can call those 2 anything you want but late for dinner, they beg for food, then turn their noses up. (Sigh) Guess I'm back on the "what will they eat quest" again. Which really bites since there is only one store in town that carries a decent variety of brands and flavors and they are outragously expensive, as in 68 cents per can of 9-lives expensive.

Mel

7. RuthV

RuthV Member

See my separate post on Joey's taste test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.