Friskies Mixed Grill Ok?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kathy1966, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy1966

Kathy1966 Member

I'm still trying foods on my cats and was about to order some Friskies Mixed Grill Pate since they seem to like it but thought I'd do a search here.. it seems some have mentioned higher numbers when their cats eat it. I looked it up in the database and it says 5 carbs.. that should be fine. Someone mentioned rice as an ingredient.. but i see it's also in Poultry platter pate and another one I've checked.. Should I pass on this?

2. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

ECID (every cat is different) -- I'm the one who noticed a possible difference -- most everyone else seems to be doing fine with this -- I know rice isn't supposed to be allergenic, but guess what? my older son is allergic to rice (also bananas, go figure) --

but could very well have been some other factor causing the very slight increase, I'd say go for it, I haven't seen any bone fragments in Mixed Grill but did remove several from the Poultry Platter can I opened to check on, today; Catcat seems to prefer the Blue Wilderness (grain free) chicken, turkey, or salmon, and the 4Health (grain free) turkey or chicken/whitefish; he loves all the Fancy Feast classic pates

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

The old chart had Mixed Grill at a higher carb but when they sent Dr. Lisa the information in 2016 when she was compiling that list, it was down with the others. I don't really notice a spike but none of mine particularly like it.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  4. Kathy1966

Kathy1966 Member

Ok thanks for the replies. I checked his BG a few minutes ago. He had eaten the Mixed Grill this morning. It was 62 so still low. He's not getting any insulin since the low carb foods have lowered his numbers fine so far.

5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I experienced a drop in insulin when I switched from friskies to ff. But ecid.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  6. Kathy1966

Kathy1966 Member

The last 2 mornings his readings were 73. So I do think the mixed grill does run the numbers a little higher. I wish I could give my cats ff since I do think Buddy's lowest numbers were with it, but I'm feeding 3 cats and It's more affordable for us to just get the friskies in the larger size cans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.