? From AMPS 300 to +6 99 - Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by shelaghc, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

I've been discussing Jester's BG woes on this thread http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...osing-advice-for-tonight.191151/#post-2135789 for a while now.

In brief, over the last several weeks, Jester's gone from 1u of Prozinc to 2u in .25u increments with little change .

This afternoon out of the blue he dropped down to 99 on +6. (Note that I use generic strips which register lower than OEM strips so he could actually be 110 or more.) He hasn't been this low in quite some time.

He's sleepy, but doesn't seem to be in distress (lying next to me on the couch giving me love eyes *g*). Usually when his BG is lower he wants to eat, but he's not hinting that right now.

I have a doctor's appointment and need to leave in half an hour. Should I be concerned at all?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

If you are at nadir or near it, that is a good number.

shelaghc likes this.
  3. shelaghc

Jester's PMPS was 268.
    He's my bouncing baby kitty.

4. shelaghc

+3 on just a little food during the last two hours is 246, but Jester hasn't eaten much since I gave him his insulin at 9:00PM.

Does anyone think it's safe for me to go to bed? Or should I wait and check his BG again at 2:00AM (+5)?

(Just noticed he's nibbling a little now, but he's started eating at least twice already and walked away after just a couple of minutes.)

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you could go to bed....if you happen to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, grab a test, but otherwise, I think you're good for the night.

A lot of us drink a large glass of water in the evening so we DO have to make that little trip in the middle of the night...LOL

shelaghc likes this.
  6. shelaghc

Trust me, the kids usually wake me up in the middle of the night no matter what.

With three of them, sooner or later they start arguing about who's going to cuddle up closest to mom.....

Thanks for reassuring me!

Oh, and Jester's decided to slowly nibble his way through a decent enough amount of his food that I'm feeling more confident too.

By slowly, I mean a bowl with about half a 5.5 ounce can in it, he's eaten almost two-thirds of since I posted about it earlier. Right now he's waiting for me to move it around in the bowl so it'll taste better. (And, no, fortiflora doesn't help.)

Oi....

JanetNJ and Chris & China (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.