From bad to bald...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Woden's_mom, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Well many of you know that Woden has gone though some rough times over the last month. Well were eating and pretty healthy except for.. He is loseing his hair! No rash irritation or anything no excessive licking or scrathing. It's just falling out. Going to get him to the vet once his regular doc is back from her vacation. But till then, any ideas?

2. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

3. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Humm, could the fact that he was on amoxicilin cause his hair loss? he was on it for quite a few days around 2 weeks ago.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Antibiotics almost never cause hair loss. However, there is also exceptions. What is the pattern of hair loss and how much is being lost? A photo might help.

5. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Well just patches some on his neck around the area where he was shaved some on his face a small circleish area and a few longer thin patches on his feet/lower leg. None of them are the same size or shape , there are no rashes or irritation just a small red dot on the one on his face looks like a puncture wound from a claw. yesterday as i was petting him his hair on his feet just clumped off.

6. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

Have you changed his diet since he became diabetic? Wasn't he using a tube for a couple of days? I hope I'm thinking of the right kitty.

If you've changed food it is possible he is having an allergic reaction to the food.

My civie had a reaction to purina d/m - and lost a lot of hair - but it grew back once she stopped eating d/m.

Layla lost hair on her belly whenever she had DKA.

7. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Yep but he is eating two diffrent foods one he was eating before he got tubed with no issues and the other one is new. Were still plainning on going into the vet though no matter what but it's just odd. He did have this issue once before though now that I think aobut it it was when he had his crystal episode.. and there he was also on a antibotic..

Wonder if he is alergic to em or something.

As for the food So far it's the only low card food i found that he will eat so I really hope it's not that >.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.