Fudge AMPS 109 + 6 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Fudge, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Hello..

I woke up an hour late. I could barely get blood from Fudge in my groggy state and thought I will just shoot him his 1 unit. Well, I didn't and thank the Lord because he was 109 !!! at AMPS. I shot a .50 and I fed him and he was in the 70's ..fed again and still in the 70's at his nadir. Very unusual. Can you look at his Sheet and tell me what you think ...I am doing SLGS with a twist of tight regulation. What do u think ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
    Reason for edit: Removed GA prefix. Happy to see Fudge is still with us!
  2. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

You probably did not realize it but the GA in your title indicates that Fudge is now a Guardian Angel or Gone Away. Maybe you could edit to something else so others don't get scared like I did when I saw it?

Holly and Fudge likes this.
  3. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Please change it, I nearly threw up breakfast when I saw GA, which means that Fudge died.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Fudge is okay. That GA scared me too.

Here is your last post: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fudge-amps-225-4-61.164859/#post-1776726
    Remember we link to the last post so people can see what advice was given before.

Fudge's numbers look great today. We usually take reductions in 0.25 increments. Depending on where he is tonight, you may want to go back up to 0.75 units so you don't lose momentum.

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Pooh dear! Glad fudge is OK.

I agree with Carla, on slgs fudge earned a reduction to 0.75u. provided you are comfortable with pmps, I would take him to that.

Nice work fudge!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  6. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Oooooops. No he is still here. Thanks for the change .. Okay I will do the .75. I don't want to loose momentum !!

Thank u !! So weird how this day is completely differentry on half the dose I had to give ...

7. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Our kitties can do strange things, my boy has been tasting the rainbow this week it seems. Same dose, yesterday pinks, today greens.

For Fudge, keep in mind the depot plays role for about 6 cycles so while you gave him a half dose, he still has a depot of 1 unit that slowly gets used up and partly explains the lower numbers even on the half dose he got this morning.

8. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Whew! I used GA once, too, also by mistake. I got a number of panicked responses. Now I know exactly how they felt. Lol. Very pleased to hear that Fudge is doing well. :)

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Yep my heart dropped too! The reduced dose this morning will likely affect the next few cycles. Depending on what you have set your reduction point as would determine if you reduce or hold the .75u. Since he came out of remission I'd be inclined to hold the dose if it were me.

ETA: opps, I didn't look at your SS before posting. I'd actually hold the 1u dose depending on what your reduction point is. SLGS has you reducing at 90 so that would earn a reduction to .75u. Some lower the reduction point so it's really your call.

10. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

He is at 160 right now. He gets his shot soon. I will do the .75 and monitor closely..Thanks everyone !!! I appreciate your help and support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.