Fudge AMPS 225 + 4 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Fudge, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Fudge went to 1 unit for three days now after holding a week at .75 without any green. I just tested him he was at 225 AMPS and + 4 was a 61. His nadir is 4-6 hours ...I gave him wet fancy feast and will retest. What would any of you done ? What are you thinking about dose. I am on Slow go...but not too slow regulation. Thanks !!!

2. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

3. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

I have to get gravy food today !

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So you are on SLGS because of the dry food? If not why? I would feed again some of his regular food and test in 30-45 minutes. He just might answer your question by dropping under 50.

So I'm guessing you don't reduce at 90?

Holly and Fudge likes this.
  5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

If he drops below 50, you can add a little karo or honey to his regular FF.

6. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Well I am on SLGS cause afraid of things like this while working. Today is my day off thankfully. The dry Young Again never effected his numbers before.

7. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Okay...I will test in 15 again...Hate this nervous feeling.

8. tiffmaxee

It's just that TR requires no dry food. With SLGS he's earned a reduction now back to .75.

9. Doodles & Karen

I agree with Elise, he's earned a reduction back to .75!

10. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Ok...66 he ate almost a whole can of fancy feast. Ugh. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Okay so .75 tonight...I would love to be 80-100 but he needs the Young Again. But the Young Again and Fancy Feast effect his numbers the same so doesn't that mean I could do tight regulation ?

11. Doodles & Karen

Many will modify the SLGS reduction number. You just have to pick the reduction number you're comfortable with. IMO 70 or 80 is a good starting point.

tiffmaxee and Holly and Fudge like this.
  12. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

In a circumstance like this and if he was only eating wet...what would the suggestion be ? On a tight regulation. ​

13. tiffmaxee

On TR there would not be a reduction. You would reduce with a drop under 50. After a year reductions are usually after three drops under 50 but many need to modify if working or they need to leave and can't monitor. The hard part for me is that since it's a depot drug, reducing can take a few cycles before you know what will happen so the cycle when you reduce and the next few can be effected by the higher dose and be quite active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.