Fudge PMPS 100 NS + 2 91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Fudge, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Fudge has pulled a 100 at PMPS. I hate to not give him insulin and wake up to a big number. What should I do. I planned on giving him .25 tonight ..due to eat too.

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I don't have dosing advice. Bumping you up for help. :bighug:

Holly and Fudge likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you able to stay up tonight and monitor? Do you have plenty of testing supplies and HC or karo/honey?

4. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

I have honey. I just fed him and i am sure his numbers will go up now. I expect the .25 not to pack a huge punch but who knows. His shot is due now. Could I give it to him in an hour ?

5. carfurby (GA)

Are you going to be able to monitor tonight?

6. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Let's say his number goes to 160 with food..Doesn't the shot help bring the number influenced by food down to noal range ?

7. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

yes

8. carfurby (GA)

The idea is that the number you shoot should not be food influenced because you don't know how much higher the food made the number. It may have only bumped it up a little or it may have bumped it up a lot. It's best to give the shot based on a number that is not food influenced so you have an accurate reading to go by.

Since you can monitor, I would shoot the 0.25 now. 100 is a safe number to shoot. He may just keep surfing for you. Make sure you get a +1 and a +2 since you haven't shot this low before.

9. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

okay...checked him.15 minutes after feeding and he dropped to 98 .. I haven't shot yet. I will wait till 7:30 and do another test. If it doesn't change I will call it a night without a shot.

10. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

11. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

He is a 91 !!!

12. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

He is a 91 with no shot an hour after eating from a 100 at PMPS !

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

those are still pretty much the same numbers Holly....and the fact that he hasn't eaten yet is enough to explain why it seems to be dropping a little

That's the problem with stalling...if you don't feed (which is good) it's possible they could continue dropping to a REALLY unshootable number

If you can monitor tonight and have all the supplies you need if he drops too low, I'd suggest shooting the scheduled dose and checking at +1 and +2 to see how he's doing

Now I can't guarantee I'll be here all night to help you, but you can use the 911 if he drops too low and you need help

Edited to add....I just saw that you DID feed.....in that case, can your shooting schedule be off in the morning?

14. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

He has eaten a can at 6:30 when he was a 100. Now he is 91 an hour later.

15. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

The one thing different was he slept the entire day which is very unusual. The other thing that is different too is I test and feed at 6:15-6:30. Typically I feed again at 10 am cause he starts to go low. But today I did not feed a second morning meal to see how low he would go. He got a light lunch at 2 pm as usual.

16. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Maybe staying real low all morning did something.

17. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you wait until it's been 2 hours since you fed tonight and shoot then? (if he's high enough)....and still be able to shoot 12 hours later in the morning? Or will that be too far off schedule?

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

100, 98, and 91 are all within meter variance. He's surfing.:D

19. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

I tested him at a +2 and he was a 93. So I will call it a night. Thanks everyone !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.