Fudge PMPS 108 Shoot what ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Fudge, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Don't know what to shoot. I shot a .75 last night from 1.00 and then he was 225 this morning so shot a 1.00. He is 114 at PMPS. ugh. I should have shot a .75 this morning. He ate to and it's not moving.

Holly

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How long ago did he eat Holly?

3. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

45 minutes ago

4. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

I tested him at 5 cause he was hungry and fed. Shot due at 6 pm. It was 103. Then tested almost an hour later for shot and 108. Typically he climbs fast. hmmmm

5. Chris & China (GA)

OK....then that's a "food influenced" number and I wouldn't shoot.....can your shooting schedule wait until it's been 2 hours since he ate, test again and still be able to shoot again 12 hours later?

6. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Yes...so I should feed at 4 ? then shoot at 6 pm ?

7. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Can I shoot him at 7 pm if he goes up to 130 or so. Maybe shoot a .50 ?

8. Chris & China (GA)

You also need to stop changing Fudge's dose around. Lantus craves consistency and every time you change the dose, the depot has to re-stabilize so by changing it all the time, you're just adding to his wonky numbers.

Since you're feeding some dry, you have to do the Start Low, Go Slow method of dosing, which means holding the dose for a week unless he drops below 90. If he drops below 90, he earns a reduction

Holly and Fudge likes this.
  9. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

His schedule is 6 and 6 ...

10. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

I don't know what's wrong with me. I should have stuck with the .75 this morning after he earned it.

11. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

So,

I will do the .75 tomorrow morning. But two hours after he eats which is 7 pm instead of typical 6 pm and over 130 I think I will shoot a .50. What do you think tonight ?

12. Chris & China (GA)

If you want to stay on a 6/6 schedule, you should pick up his food no later than 4....You want that Pre-test number to be without the influence of food

If you don't feed between 5 and 7, yes you can re-test at 7 and shoot then if he's high enough, but if I were you, I'd try a .75 dose for the next week....unless he drops below 90 again....Just remember, you can't shoot again until at least 6:45am in the morning and then work your way back to 6/6 by shooting 15 minutes early per cycle

13. Chris & China (GA)

Let's see where he's at when it's 7.....I think I'd stick with the .75 though, but you will need to be prepared in case he goes too low tonight so (depending on where he's at) you may want to get a +1 and +2 to start with so if you need to you can intervene early

14. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Okay...that's what I will do..is retest at 7. If he is over 130 I will shoot a .75 as I feel okay with that. And wait till 6:45 and shoot a .75 for 7 days unless he goes under 90.

15. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

I will update at 7 pm. Thanks !!!

16. Chris & China (GA)

Good plan!.....I'll try to keep an eye on you at 7 but I think that's my 6pm and that's China's shot time

17. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

Thank Uuuuuu !!!

18. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

It was 139 at 7 pm. I shot a .75

So stressful. :eek::eek:

19. Chris & China (GA)

But it's really nice to see Fudge in those "pancreas healing" numbers!!

I'd plan on getting a +1 and +2......it's a lot easier to prevent problems than to solve them by waiting too long (of course Fudge may not have any problems at all tonight too!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.