Funny thing happened today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by paige, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I know this is purely coincidental but I thought it was quite funny and wanted to share.

My mother in law was over this morning and we were all in the kitchen. All of the sudden I hear little Lacey whining....she does this when she has a toy that she is bringing to me. I look over into the other room and I see her carrying the glucometer bag from her mouth. She brought it right to my feet and dropped it. I happened to look at the clock and it was the exact time to check Webber's +3. I thought that was sooo funny. They have already associated his testing with treats for them all. party_cat

2. cjleo

cjleo Member

That is not so much coincidental as it is their internal biological clock. In a sense, cats (and most animals) tell time. Part of it is circadian and part of it is our routine. My four diabetics will wail at my door on the weekends if I try to sleep in. They know what time they should be fed ;-)

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

That is funny! Both stories.

sydney meows like crazy when she has a foil ball in her mouth. She usually brings it to me to throw and she to either fetch or cheat and run ahead to play goalie.

4. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

That is sooo cute. I've tried to not have a schedule with Barclay. And it works. He does wait at our bedroom door some mornings but on weekends I generally find him on one of our seats in the lounge...He knows we are sleeping in. I don't feed him as soon as we wake because I don't want him associating us getting up with him getting food. And it's great. Now he comes for a cuddle first. Same when I get home from work. There are times when he will sit by his dish, so I know he's hungry or wanting something.... And don't worry, he doesn't go longer than about 8 hours at a time without fresh food... it's just that it's not done on a clock or associated with something else.

I would have been teary with awe seeing your little one bring in the meter so that she could get her treat. How sweet is that? They are soooo smart.

5. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

:lol: I can just picture it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.