Fur Shot Question?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth & Atlas, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Atlas is on 8 units of N.

I know for a fact tonight we got a fur shot, as I was rubbing him up with love I felt the wetness of the missed shot and smelled the insulin.

His Pre-Shot was 375, if I test at 4 hours and he is still high or higher, is it reasonable to give him his shot? Or some variation there of?

Normally on the smaller doses of insulin, I'd advise no and not worry about it. Test and shoot in the morning per usual.

Honestly, I am leaning towards stop worrying about it and get him back on schedule in the morning.

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      21.7 KB
      Views:
  2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i'm leaning towards the same thing actually. there's no way to know if any got in and if so, how much. shooting more in 4 hours could be detrimental.

but you could always test then and post at that point what the number is and see what everyone thinks at that point. if he's substantially higher than the 375, you might be able to shoot a little bit but definitely not 8 units

3. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

I just wanted to get back to you. I ended up waiting until the morning.

No sense risking and figuring only to have it go badly.

Thanks for responding and the support.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

recommendations regarding fur shots - is to NEVER shoot again. Make a note of the furshot, hope something got in and start over at the next dose time. and chalk it up to another lesson learned.

glad you didn't shoot again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.