Fur shot??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adam Flowers, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

I am kind of worried about Mogee's high numbers. I am almost 100% positive I did NOT give a fur shot. But I've never seen him go up after his injection.

I know you are not supposed to really test until after +2 or +3 since the BG can be food induced. But I have tested Mogee a few times at +1 and he is always the same or a bit less. Tonight he went from 375 @ PMPS up to 391 @ +1. He hardly ate much either. Does this sound normal? I really don't think I gave a furshot. Just bothers me as he never goes up that soon. Any advice is appreciated!

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

There is virtually no difference between a 375 and a 391. You could have tested the same drop with the same meter 10 seconds apart and gotten readings like that. There’s a 20% variance on meters. They aren’t an exact number.

JeffJ and Adam Flowers like this.
  3. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

Okay. Thank you! I had heard that before but was unsure and still worried.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

If you accidentally do a fur shot, that's it for the next 12 hours. Do not re-dose for that session. You never know how much got in. Even the old timers do fur shots - I seem to be on a 6 month cycle for them.

Adam Flowers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.