Fur shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty & Teal'c, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Had what I think was a fur shot was not shocked by the higher reading this afternoon. Was able to show husband how to test Teal'c's BG again since he was unsuccessful last night, he will try it again tonight. Hoping he is successful.

After I gave him his shot I felt like it didn't feel right. Ran hand across fur and felt moisture.

Just got text from husband. He did it got his first successful test. Told him how proud of him I am. From his successful test

20200107_164337.jpg

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Fur shots happen. NEVER give a second dose of insulin in the same cycle, not even if you think you gave a fur shot. No way to tell how much insulin might have gotten into your cat, and you don't want an insulin overdose.

"Better too high for a day, than too low for a moment."

Yeah for hubbie getting his first successful BG test. Welcome to the Vampire 'club! What is his name?

vampire smiley small.jpg

3. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Bobby is his name. Yesterday was his first try. When I saw him at work he said Teal'c screamed and he thought he might have pierced his ear he said we could probably hang an earring in it. So he got off early and I had him watch me again. I think he got it. So happy now while I'm at work I know he has this.

4. Deb & Wink

Add his name to your user signature if you like.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I pierced China's ears so many times at the beginning that I joked that I should buy her a pair of diamond stud earrings!

It'll happen again, trust me....but eventually you develop a feel for it!

6. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

The story of Teal'c is my daughter had a calico who had babies on my husbands birthday. We already had a cat (Rusty) from the same calico a year before. He was an orange and white tabby, so it wasn't like we were looking for another cat. We went to her house to see the new borns and there was Teal'c a tri color Male, we knew we had to have him. Him and Rusty (whom I still miss badly) became best buddies and Teal'c to my husband was special since they shared the same birthday. We lost Rusty a few years ago mysteriously came home him deceased on dinning room floor. A decorative fountain laying on the floor beside him. We think he may have swallowed one of the decorative rocks in the fountain. After loosing Rusty we don't want to lose Teal'c till we have to let him go. Heres a picture of Teal'c and Rusty I still cry when I see this picture. FB_IMG_1477188261278.jpg

7. Deb & Wink

Awwww. We all miss those fur babies that have gone ahead. You'll often see GA in someone's user name or in their signature after a cat's name. It means we are honoring our kittens that have died, in a small simple way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.