Fuzzy out of remission :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katie and Fuzzy, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katie and Fuzzy

Katie and Fuzzy Member

Hi. I was hoping I would never have to announce this again, but sadly Fuzzy has come out of remission once again. :( The worst part is that I just got home at 2:00am this morning from a 9 day long vacation. My dad was taking care of Fuzzy while I was gone. Of course he didn't even mention to me on the phone that Fuzzy's BG is high again because he didn't want me to worry. Now I'm sick with a cold, jet legged, and have gotten maybe 6 hours of sleep all together for the last 3 nights. I tested Fuzzy this morning and was dismayed to see a 25.2 (453.6 in US conversion) which is the highest he's been ever as far as I know. My dad at least noticed that something was wrong and brought him to the vet. Unfortunately the vet he brought him to has only Caninsulin and Lantus is his usual insulin so now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up some Lantus at the other vet. My dad was taught at the vet's how to give the insulin needles, but he went back to bed right away when we got home, (it's 7:00am now here), so I don't know exactly how much and when. He did mention that Fuzzy had stayed overnight at the vet's last week, and he was on IV. I have to wait until he's awake before I can get more info.

I just feel horrible. I haven't taken a vacation in years, and when I do, I come back to this nightmare, and right after another pet passed away. :( I also feel like this is my fault, that Fuzzy became too stressed out after we left and that's why he went out of remission. I shouldn't have gone away. Now he's sicker than he's ever been, and I'm very sick right now too so I don't know how I can care for him properly. I just can't believe this is happening again. :(

2. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

Katie, stop beating yourself. Fuzzy will likely go into remission again when his routines are restored. This happened with Quirk, so I speak from experience. You are entitled to a life of your own and Fuzzy is a part of it, but he would never want to be the reason you denied yourself the other things that make you happy.

Gia & Quirk (GA)

Guilt trips are a detour from life

3. Katie and Fuzzy

Katie and Fuzzy Member

I hope so. I just hate seeing him this sick. I just gave him a unit of Lantus. I hope it'll help soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.