FYI: PetFoodDirect & Chewy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Maggies Mom Debby, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I just got an email from Pet Food Direct that they are being taken over by Chewy.com. Here is the email:

"We have some important news to share about your pet products through PetFoodDirect. Beginning July 26, 2017, we're moving to a new home at Chewy.com, where you'll find over 500 brands of your favorite pet food and supplies. Plus, we know you'll love Chewy's 1-2 day delivery and 24/7 customer service.

Don't wait to get started! If you're already a Chewy customer, you're all set and can start ordering your pet's favorites immediately—simply visit www.Chewy.com or call their customer service experts 24/7 at 1-800-672-4399. If you're not a Chewy customer, you can create an account here. Please be assured that our friends at Chewy will do everything they can to make this transition easy for you.

On July 26, our website will automatically redirect to Chewy.com for all your pet needs. If you have any questions, you can contact Chewy's Customer Service Team anytime, 24/7 at 1-800-672-4399. Please see additional information below regarding Auto Ship orders and Vet Diets.

Thank you for the loyal support you've shown PetFoodDirect through the years. It has been a privilege to serve you and your pet.

Sincerely,
    The PetFoodDirect Family

Auto Ship Customers: Your Auto Ship orders with PetFoodDirect will continue to process through July 25, 2017. To ensure your service is not disrupted, we encourage you to sign up for Chewy's Autoship program, which offers the same convenient automatic delivery of your pet's goods with extra savings on select brands.

Vet Diet Customers: Chewy carries the full line of veterinary diets from Royal Canin, Hill's, Purina Pro Plan and HI-TOR. Their customer service team will help make ordering your prescription items as easy as possible."

2. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I have never used PetFoodDirect, but I do use Chewy.com. I have only good things to say about Chewy, my daughter also uses Chewy and likes them too.

3. Maggies Mom Debby

I've used both. Chewy is usually cheaper.

zzyzzx likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

So wait, I heard Chewy was being bought by out by PetSmart but now Chewy has bought PetFoodDirect ?:confused:. I haven't used either of them.

5. Maggies Mom Debby

I just searched and PetSmart did buy Chewy. So PetSmart is gobbling up everything?

AlphaCat likes this.
  6. Yong & Maury GA

Starting to sound like it :(

7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that. I like Chewy, not so sure about Pet Smart.

zzyzzx likes this.
  8. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

It's turning into a conglomorate and will take over the world.

9. Yong & Maury GA

Yeah I'm not big on PetSmart either.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

We get in person product from PetSmart (our preferred pet store - they also have spaces for local rescues to display kitties, which helps with adoptions!) but they are not as cost effective online, so we order from chewy.
    The chewy PetSmart buy out had me concerned about increased prices, but if they are taking over another... I am concerned there isn't going to be competition enough to keep prices low.
    So sad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.