Gaining weight in remission. Lots of weight.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MaryLola, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryLola

MaryLola New Member

My Lola was diagnosed diabetic last spring, she got down to just under 13 pounds before treatment started. Prior she was around 17lbs on a pretty large frame but still chubby. After 3 months of insulin (ProZinc 2x day) and low carb wet and dry foods she went into remission. Her readings are still in the 70's on recent random tests.

My concern is that she has gained a lot of weight in the last month or two. I have not taken her to the vet for an official weigh-in but I measured her around the middle and it was 24" around her widest part (belly). Her belly seems hard too. She is still eating her wet FF pates and Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein dry food is available. Sometimes she has runny pooh but not often. She still drinks water. She seems a wee bit off put I can't put my finger on it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If it was my kitty I'd take her to the vet for a thorough checkup. She might have some GI issue with the large, hard belly and occasional runny poop.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

She may be bloated /constipated.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

If her belly is large and hard, please take her to the vet. That can indicate different things but some are quite serious.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.