Gandalf 1/1 AMPS 316 1U

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Not convinced he needs less insulin, blasted moon anyway. So staying with 1U and will see how he goes today. If I see another drop I may lower even less than .9U. Wish I knew how much the food, lack of or lack of processing it correctly is contributing to these numbers. He ate a higher carb food yesterday, so suspect that may be part of it, especially since he was over 200 at PMPS. The food in the kitchen (Friskies) was all gone, but the Wellness in his feeder was barely touched. It also didn't go off around 1AM when it should have because dummy me forgot to reset it. The loud click it makes acts like an alarm for him sometimes. He has not seemed as interested in food the last few days but otherwise shows no signs of upset like lip licking.

Just now he spent a little over 1 minute eating. Then he gets a drink. He's been lying in the window/sun for over an hour. Now he found the Friskies in kitchen. Leahpold comes over and he walks away. She pesters him. He's drinking again. Is that a hyper-T sign? I don't remember. I don't mix water with his food anymore though. Guess I better start doing that again. I stopped because he licks up the water rather than eats the food I think.

2. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+4 283

So not coming down today. Or yet anyway. Yeah, probably riding out a bounce.

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Yes, increased thirst is a sign of hyper-T - as is PU, increased appetite, weight loss, vomiting, diarrhea, increased vocalizing, aggression, restlessness - not all usually in one patient, but several of those. Beau actually had none of the usual symptoms, while Charlotte seemed to have them all.

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

The clinical signs for hyper-t can be present before the lab tests show positive. We think Lucy was hyper-t for close to a year before the tests confirmed what the vet suspected.

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

He was 282 at +9. He went nowhere today. I either shoot 1U tonight to bring him down or shoot less and hope I'm right that he's bouncing. I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Grumble....

6. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I am sorry Gandalf is not having a good day today. :( Although there could be a number of reasons for the increased thirst like Hyper-T, with Tigger when he occasionally rides in the mid to upper 200's he will have an increased thirst and urinate more (PU/PD), even though he is normally not a water drinker since he usually gets enough in his raw food. Of course, as his numbers stabilize again, this goes away. I hope that is the case with Gandalf and his numbers are better tomorrow.

7. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Yeah, I figure he probably drank more because of the BGs since they didn't come down.

He was 308 at PMPS. I gave him a bit over 50ml fluids and went with .75U. I also started a new pen the other day (didn't indicate it on spreadsheet, so now I don't remember what day it was!) and am wondering if the fresh pen maybe has more kick. This is my last pen from box of 5 which I bought on January 3rd last year!

8. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Sorry Gandalf is throwing you a curve ball right before having to go back to work. Hopefully the high was just bounce and he will come down now after the .75u. Definitely looks like that last pen is kicking! Keep us updated, hope you're having a good day back at work (as good as it can be for being at work i mean).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.