Gandalf 2/7-2/13

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I had to start shooting earlier this AM, 2/7. He was a decent 234 at +11 and I shot a bit less - 1U So tonight, even at another hour earlier he was 348. I stayed with the 1U though as tomorrow AM I have to shoot another hour earlier.

He's enjoying his catnip toy again. Earlier tonight he began playing with a little fur mouse lying about from the other two. I have not seen him bat at any toy for a long time. So we're calling this "catnip therapy" from now on. :lol:

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Catnip Therapy? Or Catnip PT? It's always nice when they play - especially when they have not been feeling well.

How is his appetite? I forgot to mention how cute that photo of him is in the calendar - saw it lat week when I flipped to February :D

Jeddie gets regular catnip therapy, I guess... :lol:

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

I love to hear that the Gman is on catnip therapy!! And umm, what are the chances i can get a little sneak peak at his February centerfold?

How are you doing with the crazy work schedule? Hang in there my friend.

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

2/10 AMPS 248 on 1.4U*

*Which was the old 1.2U. I changed my micrometer to syringe markings guide (meaning I measured how much 1mm to 1U was and came up with a 1:1 comparison instead of the original 1.2:1 comparison I was using.) How that shakes out is 1.4U is my old 1.2U on syringe, so it's the same max dose as previously, only the labeling has changed.

I'm nelglecting spreadsheet, but I'm very happy with the 248 this AM because on lesser doses his preshots were running 300s and we had a 400+ the other night.

But today I have to split dose him, so more changes. I know that's part of the problem right now. But he needs to be below 200 more so will stay with 1.4U dose for now. It's going to be awhile before I can get a decent curve where there's no interruptions like acu visits.

5. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

You just totally confused me with all that dose "math", but as long as YOU know what you are doing.....

How much longer do you have to work every day?

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

I don't have a day off until next Tuesday. Off for 2 days, work Friday, then I'm taking a vacation day Saturday. I hate using them so soon in the year, but it will give me the weekend off.

He was 262 tonight.

7. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

262 is good.

You have to take care of yourself - and working no stop is exhausting. Ultimately, it backfires on the company because you are too tired and your productivity drops - not to mention (if it were me) getting short-tempered, which is never good in retail!

8. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

262 is good! Oh how i hate seeing the 300's and 400's! I know you do to.

Did i read that correctly - next week you will have off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off, work Friday and then Saturday and Sunday off?? Oh i hope that's right - u deserve the time off, it's about time. I'm off next week for Winter Recess - wanna do lunch? Anyone else : )

9. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Week's recap

Too many time changes for sure! 3 +11's in a row threw him in to reds, perhaps because of excessive overlap but more likely just all the changes as I stayed with the dose and he came down to nice yellows within 2 days and may have stayed green on the 11th if we didn't have acu. He got very upset because not only did I shut him in the bathroom for 20 minutes before leaving because he tried to escape under the bed earlier, but the acu vet was a half hour late! He was so low at +11.5 I didn't shoot then since he wouldn't have access to food, I took pen and syringe with me to appt and shot there, so ended up being +12.5 and he threw that 351 on True Track meter at home, though his preshot on Aviva was better.

Remember 1.4U dose is same as old 1.2U dose.

With more shot time consistency he dropped to greens on the 1.4U and I played it safe on the first 75 by dropping to 1.3U. No mid cycle numbers on that as it was overnight, but how could you not have a good curve if next preshot is 73! We shall see how he does on 1.3U, but I have to shoot no later than +11 tomorrow AM.

10. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Rebound

He was 418 tonight. My bad for not dropping dose further although not sure it would have prevented this. He's not used to greens as it is. Stayed with 1.3U to get him off the ledge, then may decrease at AM preshot since it needs to be an hour fifteen early.

11. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Re: Rebound

Crap 418, not good. :( It will be nice when you have a few days off next week and can get him back on schedule and sort things out. So much for you to have to deal with right now. I hope other than his high numbers he is feeling okay and eating well.

12. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

147 AM 2/14 then 325 PMPS tonight at +11.25. Shot a little more, 1.2U. He's feeling puny again. Don't think it's CP as he's eating OK.

13. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

What was he at am 0/12? If I am reading that right, you split doses? Maybe he is still bouncing from yesterday?

Sorry he isn't feeling well.. maybe the up/downs are making him feel yucky?

14. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

I'm glad to hear he's eating okay. Do tell, what does puny mean? : )

Fingers crossed he settles soon.

15. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

just wanted to write that I am following thread, but have nothing to add than what the others have already written.

As always, am in awe of your tenacity to split doses and keep G as level as you can. :thumbup

16. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Puny means small, weak, sickly, but in Southern IL parlance it also means not feeling well. At least I grew up with it meaning that rather in addition to "small."

Increased to 1.3U today on 340 AMPS. Getting some spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.