Gandalf 3/28 +10 172 ~ .5U

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Huge bonus from the splits 2 days in a row!! The trick is making it work for Monday earlier AM shot, which needs to be almost 3 hours earlier than Saturday AM. Have not decided when to give PM shot tonight, depends on how he progresses during day. Almost 100 pts lower at +10 today than yesterday is great progress!

Still trying to find a food I can afford which is low fat. There are quite a few choices, I searched last night on PFD, but some/most are almost as expensive as the raw. Tiki Cat and Weruva brand are ridiculously priced for such little cans. I noticed the company By Nature has some "cups" now called Goldleaf Selects, http://www.petfooddirect.com/Category/C ... /by-Nature
    but it is over $1 per 3.5oz. The minimal fat % of Halo foods is very low, http://www.petfooddirect.com/Category/C ... Brand/Halo so I'm interested in it, but I don't like all the veggies and what not, mostly because Dr. Lisa says they aren't necessary. Cats aren't meant to eat green beans for Pete's sake! That seems almost as bad to me as the grains.

2. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+2/+12 288 ~ .5U

My only explanation for the 288 2 hours after 172 is I brushed him right after that and he got mad. I suppose that could have made BGs go up with little oomph left to last night's dose.

No harm, gave 50ml fluids and his 1oz straight raw. Not mixing it anymore unless I find a good food he likes so maybe he'll take it off the syringe on his own again. He'll do maybe 1/3rd on his own, but I have to administer the rest which he doesn't like, reinforcing the whole, "Mama, what are you doing to me?" attitude and making the food even less tolerable I suppose.

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

The +10 must have been on the way up already...

Can you feed him the raw in smaller amounts every 10 mins or so? Would he eat it on his own then? I know with Beau, I put down the dish, he takes a few bites and walks away. So I heat it a few secs in the micro and give it back to him and he eats a few bites and walks away. So I move the dish to where he is and pat him and he eats a few more bites. I can do that last step maybe two times. Sometimes, I hand feed him from my finger tips and he will eat another few bites that way. I figure the hassle is worth not having to syringe him, which he completely hates.

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Well, good feeding suggestions, it's just I'm spending upwards of 20 minutes a morning now testing, shooting, fluids & food so I'm down to get it in him somehow. He never fights me, just crabs and I really do blame the tech at the clinic for somehow turning him off the whole idea when he had that p-titis flare at the end of January and puked up all of 8 hours worth of food not 15 minutes after shot and I had to take him to clinic for the day because I had to work and knew he would not eat on his own. Ever since then he's never taken it off the syringe like he used to. The tech was a guy and I wonder if he was too forceful.

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+3.5 355

Sometimes I just shake my head. If someone can explain this reaction to me in terms other than "too many time changes" I'd like to see it.

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+6 373 Full moon on horizon

There's my answer. He always rises before a full moon I've discovered. Hope drop is not overnight, possibly during day tomorrow. My calendar says Full Moon is at 10:25PM tomorrow, not sure what time zone that is, perhaps GMT, which means it's actually about 4:25PM here.

7. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

PMPS +12/+10 388 ~ 1U

Sheesh, I don't think he dropped all day. Went ahead and shot full dose at +10 to last half dose. Didn't give fluids though.

I almost wonder if one of those half doses didn't "take." Otherwise the moon is way more powerful than we give it credit for.

8. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

The moon absolutely plays a role. While i don't have isolated data on cat's bg #'s in relation to the moon phases (only direct observation), i do have boatloads of behavioral data on how the moon phases directly affect students with autism. And yes, i am well aware that cats and children are quite different, my point is only that if it affects one species, is it so hard to conceive that it could affect another?

In re: feeding - have you ever tried any of the Beefeater products? They make freeze dried snacks such as chicken livers, shrimp, salmon, cod, etc. I find that the powder at the bottom of these containers is worth its weight in gold when one of my cats isn't eating. I sprinkle a few of the flakes on the food and walla - they eat. For us, it works every time. I know you've tried so many things, just figured i'd add this in hope that maybe it will help. I know you're concerned about fat content and honestly, i don't know if it's too high in fat but maybe it's worth looking into.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2751610

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.