Gandalf 3/30 AMPS 340 ~ 1.1U/PMPS 334 ~ 1.1U

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Began new cartridge tonight. I couldn't wait. His previous cartridge was the last from a five pack set to expire in August which I bought 15 months ago. If any time wonky numbers might be a cartridge, it would be that one.

Gave 75ml fluids this AM too and he was still 334 at PMPS. I raised dose this AM too. Very hard to sit on my hands when BGs are in 300s for 3 days.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Well, give it a few days to settle. I think Beau settled faster than Jeddie, and when I raised J's dose last Friday (I think it was) it took longer to "register" than I expected.

Agree about the 300s. Jeddie was there too long.

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Being relatively new to Lev (still using my first order of 5 carts), i am blown away by the insulin's duration. 3 weeks ago we, in NY, had such a bad storm that it left us without power for 3 full days. With nothing to do with our insulin it got warmer and warmer by the day. I am shocked and amazed that it is still effective after all that (it was purchased in August). The insulin we were using previously would never have withstood that.

Im curious to see if your old carts are losing strength. The data should show us.

Numbers over 300 are indeed frustrating - hopefully things settle quickly.

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

My vet this AM said she would expect the insulin to be "ineffective" by now. But every other time I've thought it was a cartridge near the end, it turned out to be schedule or some unknown factor which eventually brought his BGs in to line again.

He has not had a dental in over a year. Taking vacation week later in April, so I may do it then.

5. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Nothing says vacation like feline dental surgery!

Hopefully his teeth are in great shape and those numbers are just a fluke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.