Gandalf 4/4 AMPS +11 209 ~ 1.3U

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Shot full dose an hour early. Then tonight's shot also needs to be +11.

2. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Confused - If you had to shoot an hour earlier this am, why do you also need to shoot an hour earlier (+11) tonight? Do you mean because of your schedule? Will you be reducing the dose since you're shooting earlier?

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+3 surprise

Well, looks like I'll have to reduce dose. Really confused here. It's +3.5 and he's 49. I broke out the HC.

I did not give him any raw this AM because I didn't have any thawed out. He ate some of Tigget's food, which I thought would keep him. I guess not. He's not acting like he doesn't want food - he actually ate/seemed to like some Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie I bought for him to try. It's not as chunky as the Turducken which is good because he tends to lick at his food. So I guess he just didn't eat when he should have this AM.

Maybe it clears up the mystery as to where that 398 came from last night, but Thursday's curve numbers sure didn't look like he needed a decrease.

Michele, I need to get him back to a 7:30 AM shot time from a previous 10 AM/10PM schedule. I have to do this every Sunday. Not fun, I hate it. It's why I have such a hard time determining what his dose should be.

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+4 also 49 after HC & LC food

Must be the +4 plunge. We haven't seen it or discussed it recently, but I've seen this quite a few times in the past, where he'll take a dive around +3/+4. Very possible on a +11 shot of full dose.

Not sweating it. He ate good, so will test next hour unless I see any other signs such as him parking at food bowl.

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+7 ~ 53

Again, this is why I call Levemir the Gentle Giant. I'm not sure, but maybe he had some toxicity built up and the splits plus earlier shot broke through, this is pretty weird. Or 1.3U is way too high, but Thursday's numbers on 1.1U make me scratch my head.

Since I need to shoot a +11 again tonight I guess I'll lower to 1U, which will probably mess up all the progress we've made today.

6. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

What is going on with our cats today? I can't even imagine how surprised you were to see 49 @ +3.5.

Going to have to agree that a reduced dose is in order tonight (maybe even less than 1u). I don't see it as blowing everything you've done today at all - it's progress as you learned from it and i have no doubt you'll get him right back on track in no time.

7. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

+8 88/+10 158

He's going up. And now he acts like he doesn't feel well. He didn't really want outside today, even though it was almost 75. Laid around and slept. Hope we're not headed for another p-titis flare. Probably shouldn't let him eat Tigget's food.

8. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

how was he at +11? What did you shoot?

Yeah, i'm a bit surprised he didn't want to go outside today especially with the beautiful weather (not too hot or cold for him).

9. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

PMPS +11 226 ~ 1U

He's lying in the middle of the floor, stretched out. Earlier, before shot time I had him sitting in my lap at the computer because it was storming and I didn't want him going under the bed right before shot time. He liked that, but didn't interact. I thought about giving him some Pepcid AC, but he's not swallowing like he seems to do if he's nauseous. He seems pooped, maybe because of the lower BGs today, i know the rollercoastering makes him feel poorly. It's why I switched him off PZI.

He seems relaxed though, is not meatloafing. Leahpold won't leave him alone. Gandalf just stretched, maybe the weather is bothering his arthritis.

10. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Vicky, have you ever notice any relationship between weather and his BGs, or weather and how he is acting? Maybe the storm had something to do with not wanting to go out - he could sense that it was coming...?

11. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Possibly, about the storms. He woke me up at 3AM, making all kinds of noise and pushing against my head. There was plenty of food, so I tested him and he was 202. I put out a little more food and went back to bed. No idea why he acted like that, but obviously he was feeling better!!

I would think the storms would make him nervous, not want to lie in middle of the floor. He hides when it thunders too loudly or rains hard. We went through a bad storm once in my apartment years ago. I was on the top/third floor and it hailed and the wind was bad. I thought the roof was going to come off so I grabbed him and we ran downstairs to the lowest level, but the outside door was nearby, so it still sounded horrible. I think he was scarred by that experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.