Gandalf running high this week

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Updated spreadsheet, except for Monday AM his numbers have been horrible and Monday was a combo of earlier shots and maybe pancreatitis flare because I'd let him eat Wellness over the weekend and overnight Sunday/Monday he barely touched any food, so that's why I halved the dose.

I think I will go down further to 1U as that worked well in December, but in December I also had a more regular schedule. Then there were times earlier last year where his numbers were decent with the same kind of schedule I have now, so I don't think that's it.

No more Wellness for Gandalf, which sucks because I have a lot of it and no one else will eat it regularly. Sammie eats some, but I have to put the bowl down on the floor when I'm gone (except for feeding time, they won't jump up on their table during the day to eat what's left) so I can't leave it out for her. I did that today and Gandalf ate some, but hopefully not enough to cause issues.

Because of the possible flare he's getting syringe fed 1oz straight raw AM & PM. He came out of it fairly quickly, eating well by Tuesday night.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Poor Gandalf... he is just so sensitive to p-titis. Good to see that he came around fast this time.

Too bad about the Wellness, it is really high fat. So is Evo 95%, I think. I bought about 6 of the large cans and mine won't eat it. I have been trying to mix it with Friskies, but that isn't going over too well either. Sigh...

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

I know you dislike the Friskies for a bunch of different reasons but how are his numbers when he's eating it? I thought they were pretty good the last time you mentioned it (when you also mentioned that Friskies poop stinks!! :smile: ).

What is the accu saying, if anything, ablout the p-titis flare up?

Thinking about you guys.

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I don't discuss food with anyone at the clinic. He doesn't eat Friskies unless I leave the bowl down for the others and he gets in to it. It's 5% minimum fat, like the Wellness, but Wellness is better quality and I really wish he could eat it.

I'm trying to find some Weruva as that seems to be very low in fat, though they mostly have only fish flavors, some chicken though. I may have to order some, but the guy I spoke to on the phone from Pet Supplies Plus today told me the Weruva sounded like Tiki cat brand, so I will look at it, though I know it's mostly fish.

Just like for people, I think the lesser fat brands are also less tasty to cats. Gandalf won't eat Merrick now if I paid him in mice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.