Gator Greeting

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Terry and Puttz, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Gator. We miss you! EOM

2. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Gator, we miss you too! I was so sad all over again when I saw your profile name changed to show that H has come to Georgia.

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Gator, thinking of you everyday. <<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

miss you gator, seems so quiet around here without you....how you doing?

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Gator, I hope you are doing well. It still makes me cry to think about you and H, but you are brave and you will recover. I hope you will come back to visit.

6. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

HA! Guys, I was just thinking about you all. I haven't been around on here hardly much at all. I'm not sure what to say except that all your support and thoughts mean the world to me. As I've said before, I am so lucky to have people like you and others to help keep the wind in my sails.

I've even seen that Terri has posted a little and you are very luck to have her back as much as she's willing/able.

I was just about to write Venita and try to coordinate with her supplies to donate and I saw this post. You all are so wonderful :YMHUG: . I want to be sure to give her first dibs on anything then I'll probably be back here. I'm doubtful she will want my 1/2 used bottle of ProZinc [since I think the majority of the DCIN cats use Lantus] but we'll see. I cleaned and organized most of his stuff last Friday - that my friends was hard. I made it through the VAST majority of stuff but still had to cut it early and go get some beers and get a little distracted.

Anyway, I'm doing OK, it's naturally hard because just about everything around here reminds me of him. As it turns out we had a little kitty clinic going on in here :D . As some of you may know my GF was unable to stay the course during the journey with H, so from the ashes of the journey, I have emerged a truly free man. I now find myself at a unique crossroads and my current objective is just to absorb as much as I can from it. The next thing on my radar is some travel - probably starting next week and lasting until I don't know when. I have family [and H's half-brother and sister to visit in Indiana and his brother in FL] to visit. Then I think either back here and to the Right Coast to visit friends and maybe learn me some Kiteboarding. So the bottom line is that a) I've been trying as hard as I can to avoid cat issues [including my beloved cat nature shows - and other less beloved cat food commercials] and b) I'm probably not going to be around much for a while [probably a couple months]. I will try to check in occasionally and if anyone ever needs something, or needs me to dig up something or wants me to weigh in on something specific pleas do PM me and I'll try to get to it as soon as I can.

I'm learning again how to sleep in. Wow. I'm not there all the way yet but improving. Also I'm focusing on relaxing more and having concern only for myself my own schedule etc - working on some paradigm shift :smile: .

I never heard anything back from Purina after asking for the DM of all the flavors in that topic. So that at some point is something I need to chase down and has not been forgotten.

Heck, once I get mixed up with H's fam and with their issues I know they have, I'll probably be back here asking questions. The only one now living one H's litter, F in Orlando, is another suspected GI lymphoma kitty and his half-brother, R in Indy, has struvite crystals I hear. Uggg. So I think I'm going to have my hands full attending a little to that - but that is a difficult scenario for me since I'm not in charge of the care ---- grrrr.

Anyway, that's the word and I'm sticking to it! Thank you all again for your warm thoughts and words. They matter and they do help me very much - thank you.

7. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Gator,
    Its good to hear from you. I have thought of you and your sweet H often in the last few weeks. It sounds like you are doing well, all things considered.

Travel is a great idea. Another idiom: "Hit the Road" (or the skies)--relax and enjoy, you deserve it.

8. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Gartor, Thank you so much for posting here. We have truly missed you and it makes me feel better to know you are healing. I think the travel & adventure idea is a great one. You deserve the break. I hope someday you'll come back as a regular poster/advice giver, but if you don't, I understand. I'm wishing you the best. Ele

9. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

It's great to hear your thoughts again- it IS too quite around here without your "witty" dry humor ;-) :D I think its great that you are taking some time for yourself, but I hope you soon realize that helping others feels good, and has gotten into your blood, and so you can't help but jump back in to help some more newbies figure stuff out, so they too can pass it on.... In any case, you can feel good about those of us you have helped- like me :D - Thanks! and see ya round- right?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((hugs))))) thanks for checking back in to let us all know that you are recovering ok... I've been thinking of you & sending good wishes your way

11. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hi Gator, great to hear from you. I've been wondering how you're doing. Traveling sounds like a really good idea as a way to refocus and appreciate all the things you have the freedom to do now. Although of course that won't take away the pain, at least it will give you a distraction (other than beers :lol: ).

Look forward to hearing from you anytime you have a minute to stop in and say hello. Take care of yourself and have some fun, too.

Sarah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.