Gave shot too early!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Louie B, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Louie B

Louie B Member

i just realized I gave Louie his shot 2 hrs early!!! This morning was at 12:26 and tonight at 10:18!!! It’s been one helluva night, so I just got home and thought it was shot time! I’m feeding him some of our emergency gravy lovers Fancy Feast. Why did I not look at the schedule???? Has anyone else done this??

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes we all have our nightmare stories. You will need to monitor and test to be sure your baby is ok. Watch closely. I hope you are testing?

3. Louie B

Louie B Member

I will test him in a bit. I think I read the Lantus peaks at about 4 hrs—does that sound right? I bought these horrible teeny lancets, and I can barely get any blood out of him on a good day. (I do the warm rice sock and the whole bit). Even more stressful! Wish I’d thought of that when I was at Walgreens 30 minutes ago buying more high carb cat food and coulda bought some bigger ones! Now my kids are asleep and I can’t go. Louie is sleeping now. I’m gonna stay up and watch him. I recorded Princess Eugenia’s wedding, so I guess I’ll watch that and the clock and Louie. Fun times.

4. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

Think we have all had sleepless nights with our buds...I had my first few last week. I used some treats with some maple syrup drizzled over to pick him up...he seemed to love it. Also some FF gravy lovers every few hours after tests to continue his BG in a safe range.
    There is no "typical' nadir for Lantus. Theoretically it should occur halfway through a cycle @ 6 hrs. However since it is a depot insulin that is not a fact as my cat seems to reach nadir around 8 to 9 hrs. If you can home test I'd recommend doing tests every hour or so to stay ahead of any potential crash. Hoping all goes well for you and Louie!