General DOG question lol -- I know. This is a kitteh forum.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Okay, so I have a fairly newly diagnosed kitteh with the diabetes.

My question in here...if someone knows the answer, can dogs get this from eating dry food as well? I would assume the answer is yes, but is it as likely and common?

I have a 5 month old Siberian Husky pup, and he loves nibbling on crunchies...just a bit each time -- he's actually a cat in a dog jacket.

He's on raw diet now, with the nibbling of crunchies. I know, dry and raw don't mix. I've read until the end of the web and I think it's not 100% true. Anyway, that's another topic.

Question is, should I stop with the dry? I don't have a problem stopping it if it's better for the lil guy.

Rob

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am not sure on the diabetes side of things, but I homemade my droolers food due to other health issues but they still liked their crunchies and I would give them out as a treat.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Rob! Dogs aren't nearly as sensitive to dry food ingredients as cats. Many diabetic dogs can continue their dry food diets without a hiccup. I prefer a mix of dry/wet for rescues that show up here as well as our own crew.

4. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Okay, so I guess it's okay to feed him little nibbles of high quality dry food. He seems to like Wellness Core Puppy right now, so from what I know, it's a fairly decent dry food. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.