George -looking for information

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Evening, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evening

Evening New Member

Hi everyone,

Our 9 year old cat George has been recently diagnosed with diabetes. We are determined to make this work but as two working parents we are finding it a challenge so far. I am panicked this evening because I left George's Caninsulin out on the counter for two and a half hours. I can home to give him his dose and then in a rush to leave left it out. Does anyone know if the insulin is still good? I've been struggling to find out this information and all the vets are closed for the evening. His next does is due tomorrow morning at 7 am before the vet clinics open and I'm stressing about what to do for my beloved cat!

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum
    It is best to refrigerate it....it will extend the life of the insulin... but it can be left out of the frig for up to 28 days. So 2 1/2 hours should not be a problem. We have all done it !

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Kris & Teasel and Critter Mom like this.
  3. Evening

Evening New Member

Thanks so much!

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and George.

Be sure to shout with anything you need help on. The Feline Health board is a good place to start when you have questions. We'll do all we can to support you as you learn.

Mogs

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.