Getting Cat Urine out of Mattress

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by julie & punkin (ga), Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

One of my 3 cats peed on a spare bed downstairs - not just once but several times. :banghead: And it went unnoticed for probably a couple of weeks because no one is using that bedroom at the moment. :banghead::banghead: Frodo is the prime suspect in my book, but he hasn't said one word about it. He did seem a little too interested in all the clean-up action in the bedroom, however.:cool:

I tried the solution on this site http://www.catsofaustralia.com/clean-cat-urine-mattress.htm and it worked perfectly. I did exactly what they said and left the baking soda/Dawn/hydrogen peroxide solution to dry for probably 3 days before sweeping/vacuuming it off. There is no visible stain on the mattress and no smell at all.

I haven't tried the solution on carpet or other upholstered furniture yet, but thought I'd share in case anyone else (ie, anyone with a cat) ;) ever needed this "recipe."

And the good news is that all the cats also survived. :D

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That's great! thanks for sharing this. I use Nature's Miracle Enzymatic cleaner and I have had great success with this but that is when I find the wet spot ASAP. I have never had to try it on a spot that was undetected for any length of time. Glad to have your resource.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are lucky. It did not remove urine stains from my carpet nor vomited cat food.

4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

this is the same recipe for a dog being skunked- interesting:confused:

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I have used Nature's Miracle - years ago it worked pretty well, but the last couple of times I tried it, it didn't work well enough.

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I did not expect a happy ending from the subject line. :joyful: :joyful: :joyful: I'm glad all the cats survived. :)
    Liz

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Always good to have something like this in one's bookmarks. Ya never know! Thanks, Julie!

Ella

8. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Thanks Julie ! I never know what I'm going to run into either here or at BK Central...
    indeed. . . :cool:

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

For carpets, I've had really good luck with Bissell Pawsitively Clean Stain & Odor Eliminator. For laundry 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar added seems to do the trick. I had a slight odor in our mattress topper after Sasha peed on the bed and the Nature's Miracle took care of it. I'm always open to new tips, though. In spite of the pee pads all over the house, Cinco has a knack for finding an unprotected spot. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.