Getting Desperate HELP

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by gailandjohnnycake, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gailandjohnnycake

gailandjohnnycake New Member

I posted under Need help ASAPCat Sick. Now it is an emergency. Cat has not pooped since last Tuesday. If you know anything about this please read the post with all the info and help me out. I am at my wits end and do not know what else to do.

Thanks,
    Gail

2. gailandjohnnycake

Found 1.5 inch piece of hard poop in his bed a few minutes ago. Am hoping this is the beginning of it coming out. Gave him 1/2 tsp of Miralax in his soupy food. Will give Cisapride at 10.

Will be leaving for church at 10 a.m and will return to check in at noon.

Gail

3. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Great news!!!! I know what a worry that is.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I *think* your doing what you need to do short of going to the Vet. I'd be packing off for the Vet if BM's dont improve soon.

5. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

As was said sometimes the enema won't work the first time....my Menace had severe constipation and enemas didn't work at all, he would strain to go and then vomit. The vet had to sedate him and work out the hard poop that was blocking him. He was on Miralax and lactulose after that and was fine....a little olive oil in his food once in awhile. May you should take a look at changing food...sometimes as a cat ages they can't digest things as well as they used to.

6. SaraJaye

SaraJaye Member

Have you recently changed diet? When I moved my cat from dry to wet, I was told to expect less-frequent poop (from every day to every 2 or 3 days)... Although 5 days would definitely be a red flag for me as well...

7. gailandjohnnycake

He pooped!!!! When I got home from church I was greeted with the wonderful smell of cat poop. There were 2 long pieces so I am pretty sure he is cleaned out at least for now. The additional Miralax and the Cisapride did the job.

I have not changed his diet lately put was giving him slightly more Halo treats. They are dried. The last 2 days I cut back and soaked them in water first, will contine to do that. He eats only wet food, Evo Duck and BFF tuna and salmon and tuna and shrimp.

I will keep him on the same diet and the added Miralax and Cisapride and see how that goes.

Thanks for all the info and support.

Gail

8. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Yeah!! :RAHCAT for big poopies!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i left you a post in your last thread to see if you can try a pill for humans called 'senna'
    but YAY for any poop we get!!!!!

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

make sure to add even more water than normal to his food - especially with the increase in the miralax

11. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for Poopies!!! Do't we get excited about the darndest things?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.