Getting Error Codes on my meter

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by breayle and jake, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

Hey everyone,

Can someone here please tell me what ER-4 means on my ReliOn Ultima Meter? I can't seem to find the manual and I keep fracking getting this error.... it's really beginning to bug the hell out of me as it wastes strips.

thanks!

Breayle

2. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

3. Lori in Ohio

Lori in Ohio Member

this is their customer service number 1.800.992.3612

4. Lori in Ohio

Lori in Ohio Member

according to that manual

Blood glucose
    result may be too
    high to be read by
    the system.
    OR
    There may be a
    problem with the
    blood glucose
    test strip

5. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

hmmmmm weird... they're brand new. His sugar has been very high lately but you would assume it would just give "HI" like it has been.

6. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i'd call the tech line. maybe they'll send you a free replacement box of them.

but remember, you are the diabetic, not kitty, otherwise they'll tell you to get lost :)

7. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

How about testing yourself? If you get the same error then I would conclude it is due to the strip.

8. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

most er-4 I get, the instructions say that the strip did not fill all the way up. so you may be removing the strip before blood is totally sipped or there is not enough blood there to sip and fill up strip. I have never had a problem with the relion. the ultima takes a larger drop of blood than the other 2 relions and is a very slow sipper in comparison.

9. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

In the new box you should have receive a new coded strip in a special plastic wrapper.

Have you tried inserting that in your meter to "reset" it?

10. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

Have not reset it either, and not enough blood isn't it. Sometimes I get the vein so good it bleeds everywhere and today was one of those days. I had to go through four strips to get a reading, gonna call the hotline. Thanks everyone!

11. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Were the strips left exposed to air/light for very long? I found out the hard way to make sure the lid is closed TIGHT on my AVIVA strips. Left it cracked open for maybe a couple of hours and E-4 on every danged one of them.

12. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

According to the manual it says it is either not enough blood or bad test strips.

13. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

if memory serves me, the ultima test strips are individually wrapped. that could have changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.